The Student Room Group

AQA ICT INFO 4 Coursework help please! [EVALUATION]

I am struggling to complete the evaluation section of the INFO 4 ICT coursework! My teacher gave us his own coursework guide, which is very brief and not helpful at all!

Can someone please help me? Provide me with the official guide if there is one?
Or give me some tips/example?
Around how long is it recommended to be, and what should it contain??
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi there, I have done about 2000 words for it.

I have put my weaknesses and strengths throughout the coursework period and I have stated the strengths and the weaknesses of the solution against the evaluation criteria and client requirements.

From the evaluating against the evaluation criteria and client requirements, I have stated how each requirement has met and how I can improve it.

Then on my own performance (weaknesses and strengths), I stated how bad my timing went and how I went off-task because lack of concentration and other subject's exams... then i said how I can avoid these weaknesses.

Hope this helps :smile:
Got 6/7 on the marks by both of my teachers.
Reply 2
Original post by ChanFromHongKong
Hi there, I have done about 2000 words for it.

I have put my weaknesses and strengths throughout the coursework period and I have stated the strengths and the weaknesses of the solution against the evaluation criteria and client requirements.

From the evaluating against the evaluation criteria and client requirements, I have stated how each requirement has met and how I can improve it.

Then on my own performance (weaknesses and strengths), I stated how bad my timing went and how I went off-task because lack of concentration and other subject's exams... then i said how I can avoid these weaknesses.

Hope this helps :smile:
Got 6/7 on the marks by both of my teachers.

your advice is fab!! thanks very much for this...
but what do you mean when you say evaluating against the evaluation criteria and client requirements?

thanks again you've been very helpful.
Reply 3
B
u
m
p
!
Hi there, sorry, I've forgot to check your post.

For your coursework, you should have some requirements from your client, for my case, my coursework is a website for a chinese takeaway and the client requirements were the website must show the menu etc...

You should have the same thing? and the evaluation criteria is what you planned before to evaluate...
well it is just banter at the end of th day
I achieved 69/70 for my coursework ( 7/7 on evaluation ) Here is what you need to include for full marks on evaluation section;

Evaluation of clients req and evaluation criteria: You need to talk about how the new system has met the clients requirements E.g I believe the new solution has allowed the users to add new customers into the system with ease. Customer’s details are entered into the system by entering normal data as shown in. You then have to refer back to testing to prove that this has been evaluated.E.g Test 34 shows that clients req 4 has been achieved. You need to do this for all clients req and you must refer back to testing if you want to achieve full marks on this. If you don't refer back to testing you cant achieve full marks.

Evaluation of my performance: You need to give 5-6 strengths and weaknesses and explain them in detail. You then finish with Improvements you will make in the future when building a similar system.

Some strengths include;
Research skills ( iNTRODUCTION to business )
design skills ( when designing system )
Communication skills ( Communication with client )

Evaluation of solution: 5-6 Strengths and weaknesses of new solution to your clients organisation, and how you can improve in the future

Hope this helps you, if not message me and I can send you my evaluation section.
Reply 7
Hi im in the same situation could you message me your evaluation please? Would be so grateful thanks

Original post by Error404OLE
I achieved 69/70 for my coursework ( 7/7 on evaluation ) Here is what you need to include for full marks on evaluation section;

Evaluation of clients req and evaluation criteria: You need to talk about how the new system has met the clients requirements E.g I believe the new solution has allowed the users to add new customers into the system with ease. Customer’s details are entered into the system by entering normal data as shown in. You then have to refer back to testing to prove that this has been evaluated.E.g Test 34 shows that clients req 4 has been achieved. You need to do this for all clients req and you must refer back to testing if you want to achieve full marks on this. If you don't refer back to testing you cant achieve full marks.

Evaluation of my performance: You need to give 5-6 strengths and weaknesses and explain them in detail. You then finish with Improvements you will make in the future when building a similar system.

Some strengths include;

Evaluation of solution: 5-6 Strengths and weaknesses of new solution to your clients organisation, and how you can improve in the future

Hope this helps you, if not message me and I can send you my evaluation section.
Reply 8
could you please send me your evaluation too, it would be very much appreciated

Original post by Error404OLE

Some strengths include;

(edited 7 years ago)
Hiya,i am in the same position as well. i was wondering if you could send me your evaluation please?

Quick Reply