This discussion is closed.
Mystic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
How long did you have to wait until your card was sent to you?

Also did anyone else have trouble downloading the application form? I did, so I had to send a email to them and get one sent to my house.
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Heather_1)

Also did anyone else have trouble downloading the application form? I did, so I had to send a email to them and get one sent to my house.
I presume you are talking about NUS Associate Cards as opposed to the proper NUS Card?
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

ive had trouble too, i sent off for an app and i still dont have 1, that was about november, its a farse
Mystic
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tednol)
I presume you are talking about NUS Associate Cards as opposed to the proper NUS Card?
Yes the associate cards....
Tednol
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yes the associate cards....
Personally, I think the NUS is an over inflated organisation which has lost the plot.

But that doesn't help you with your non-existant card... hope you get it soon.
malledo
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

When I first got mine it took about 4 weeks. to come. Dont try using for ID purposes in bars or clubs as its not a reckognised for of ID
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Bars won't take NUS cards or Citizen Cards because they are SOOOO easy to copy, the holograms come up as holograms on photocopies!
Sahir
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Mine took around 2 or 3 months .. painfully slow.

But its goooooooooood.. "i've had to send off my driving license and even my passport to the DVLA because i got disqualified a few months ago".. yup honest, im 18.. here even my NUS card says so.

Sooooorrted.
Mystic
Rep:
?
Mine actually came sometime last week.... Hope ypu get yours soon, Glitter if not...try email them to see if they have your Application...

Can you use them on Buses etc....? I know some bars etc don't use them, as some in Oxford have a big sign on the door saying 'We do not accept NUS cards as a form of ID'
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Mine actually came sometime last week.... Hope ypu get yours soon, Glitter if not...try email them to see if they have your Application...

Can you use them on Buses etc....? I know some bars etc don't use them, as some in Oxford have a big sign on the door saying 'We do not accept NUS cards as a form of ID'
everywhere here accepts it as id...but then is prob because its also our uni card...

love Katy ***
username9816
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
everywhere here accepts it as id...but then is prob because its also our uni card...

love Katy ***
Katy, is it true that you are shagging ^mjg^ ?
alocin
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Erm... just heading back to the cards topic, we didn't have to send off for ours at college. They just had a few students there making them up and sticking the photos on, I helped them in the second year! We could have forged loads if they accepted them as ID.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Katy, is it true that you are shagging ^mjg^ ?
youv'e got issues bono
hornblower
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I applied for mine last academic year when I started sixth-form. It came within a month I think. It was only really useful for getting discounts at HMV and Top Man, and cinemas. I didn't bother applying for a new one this time around as I didn't see the point. I don't regret not having one, since I still use my old one to get a discount at the cinema, to which I rarely go to nowadays. Get a proper one if you go to university, or get an ISIC card, which is even better.
Tednol
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Who gave me negative rep for this thread, and more importantly why?
Barny
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
Who gave me negative rep for this thread, and more importantly why?
I wouldnt worry about it, there are too many geeks wholl give you bad rep for having an opinion, or for being more normal or 'cooler' than them.
Mystic
Rep:
?
(Original post by hornblower)
Get a proper one if you go to university, or get an ISIC card, which is even better.
What is an ISIC card....?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
What is an ISIC card....?
International Student ID Card

All NUS discounts + the same abroad for £7

http://www.isiccard.com/
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
The problem I have with NUS is some clubs don't accept uviversity cards for discounts so you need an NUS for this. However other than this, I think the NUS is a load of crap.

1000's of students are currently awaiting their results as the lecturers are not marking their work due to the AUT strikes. What do NUS do about it? They are supporting AUT. The government tries to raise more money for the lecturers by top up fees and the NUS tries to stop it. They are such hypocrites!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
The problem I have with NUS is some clubs don't accept uviversity cards for discounts so you need an NUS for this. However other than this, I think the NUS is a load of crap.
This is actually illegal - a published student discount applies to all students not just those with an NUS card - any reasonable form of ID identifying you as a student should be acceptable.

http://www.no2nus.co.uk/main/links.html
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (233)
75.16%
No (77)
24.84%

Watched Threads