Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    This is actually illegal - a published student discount applies to all students not just those with an NUS card - any reasonable form of ID identifying you as a student should be acceptable.
    Yeah I know, I pointed that out to the to the woman on the till but she just said it was tough. Its not only thing they do ilegal there, there vodka redbulls are not don't actually have redbull in it, its cheaper stuff (red alert).

Clubs seem to have their own laws though. So far I don't think any shops have refused it.

ReputationRep:
    We've just got one "Library, Registration and NUS Card" (that's what it says at the top). There you go, it is an NUS Card (as our Students' Union is part of the NUS, which is not the case at a handful of unis) and should get accepted everywhere (although I'm sure there will be the odd place that will make a fuss, I just haven't come across it here in Colchester).

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.