The Student Room Group

Peaches Geldof names son 'Astala'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm tired of all this 'people can't have unique names' carp.

If we were all named John and Jane what a boring world it would be (well actually it'd be quite funny but yeah...)

I welcome variety. Why stick to boring old tradition? Try something new.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Meh, so what? She can call her child what she wants, I don't know why other people should be bothered. More interesting that calling him something boring and common. And if he happens to hate it, well he can always change it when he's older so *shrugs*

Might be fine for someone who's rich, but if you grow up with few prospects as it is, calling you daughter "Mercydeez" isn't exactly going to increase them is it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by cakefish
I'm tired of all this 'people can't have unique names' carp.

If we were all named John and Jane what a boring world it would be (well actually it'd be quite funny but yeah...)

I welcome variety. Why stick to boring old tradition? Try something new.

There's unique and then there's down right ridiculous.
Reply 23
Original post by OU Student

What's unique and what's ridiculous?
Original post by Greenlaner
Somebody with a stupid name, gives their child a stupid name. Sunrise, sunset.

Well if you think Jewish names are "stupid", then yeah :rolleyes:
Original post by OU Student

It's Jewish you ignoramus.
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Well if you think Jewish names are "stupid", then yeah :rolleyes:

Well, excuse me for not knowing the meaning of every single name.:rolleyes: As someone who isn't Jewish, do you really expect me to know that?
Reply 27
Woah. My name's Jewish. Now I understand all those confused, bizarre looks everyone gives me when they hear my name for the first time.

Only Jewish people have ever heard my name.
Original post by Ra Ra
Woah. My name's Jewish. Now I understand all those confused, bizarre looks everyone gives me when they hear my name for the first time.

Only Jewish people have ever heard my name.

A friends son has a Jewish name. He did say to me that it will be one that I've never heard of.
Original post by Time Tourist
Might be fine for someone who's rich, but if you grow up with few prospects as it is, calling you daughter "Mercydeez" isn't exactly going to increase them is it.

The Mercedes car was originally named after a person though :fyi:

Hmmm, well I guess it is generally down to personal taste, and although Astala is unusual, I don't really see what's so bad about it as it just sounds like something a bit foreign. Whereas there are some child names are definitely no doubt absurd, like I've heard one story about someone legally calling their child Number 16 Bus Shelter - now the parents must have been having a laugh with that one :s-smilie:
Reply 30
With a name like Peaches, I am hardly surprised.
Original post by amyshamblesxx
I can't even... just why?

Her Name is
Peaches Honeyblossom Michelle Charlotte Angel Vanessa
Her sisters are
Fifi Trixibelle
Little Pixie
Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily

Clearly they like unusual names.
(edited 11 years ago)
Sounds like a bit like a Mayfair nightclub where a double vodka would cost £26
Why is this news?
Could have been worse. Given his mother's name, the poor blighter might have been called Cox's Orange Pippin.

Quick Reply

Latest