LeoAnderson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the university allows me to park my motorbike on the jubilee campus and main nottingham campus?

I would be staying in the jubilee campus.

Thanks,

Leo
scbond
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There's only visitor parking with pay and display.
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
CompSci students I know who have motorbikes lock up their bikes under the bicycle racks; don't think they have permits and don't see them getting a ticket.
alex-hs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LeoAnderson)
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the university allows me to park my motorbike on the jubilee campus and main nottingham campus?

I would be staying in the jubilee campus.

Thanks,

Leo
This says:

Motorcyclists will not be charged for parking providing they park in designated motorcycle bays and do not take up a car parking space.
scbond
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Seems a bit unfair lol.
alex-hs
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by scbond)
Seems a bit unfair lol.
Why? Far fewer people use motorbikes, and they take up much less space than a car.
scbond
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by alex-hs)
Why? Far fewer people use motorbikes, and they take up much less space than a car.
So?! That's like saying thin people take up much less room on an airplane but they still let the chunkier ones on because it would discriminate against them otherwise.
alex-hs
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by scbond)
So?! That's like saying thin people take up much less room on an airplane but they still let the chunkier ones on because it would discriminate against them otherwise.
What? No it isn't. The reason the university has a permit scheme is because there's nowhere near enough space for everyone to drive in and park. If motorcycles aren't taking up a parking space, why should they require a permit?
scbond
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If we all ride motorbikes there still wouldn't be enough room either.
Podolshi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Are there any covered motorcycle bays at the uni? Just thinking about whether it'd be worth taking mine there, wouldn't want it exposed to rain for an entire year
Mellchie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi Leo, yes, you can park a bike on campus. About a year ago I spoke with Security when parking my bike and they confirmed that so long as I wasn't in a CAR parking bay I didn't need a permit or a ticket. There are some MB bays dotted around, or so long as you've locked up out of the way no-one really minds. I used to stick it on the end of a bicycle rack where I could, but that's pretty rare given so many people cycle.

Podolshi - there aren't any official covered parking areas for motorbikes, but I have seen bikes parked in the shelter offered under the Coates building/steps.

Hope that helps guys.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (94)
28.23%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.21%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.62%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (33)
9.91%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
30.03%

Watched Threads