The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE/ A2 Religious Studies: Unit 4- implications

Scroll to see replies

Which Ayer paragraphs have come up in previous exams?
Me neither... I know Kant is deist as deism is defined by westphal in his implications text :smile:
Original post by Dahir123
Can I structure my ontological argument essay like this?
Intro
Para 1: Anselm first form
Para 2: Gaunilo Criticisms
Para 3: Anselm second Form
Para 4: Descartes
Para 5: Malcolm
Para 6: Plantiga
Conclusion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, I'm meshing Anselm into one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im doing
Intro
Anselm 1
Anselm 2
Descartes 1
Descartes 2
Malcolm
Hey,
I have sample essays on my website and they were graded A/A*. The majority of the Edexcel anthology passages are on there however I dont have any for the AQA course unless there is some overlap.

http://bitesizers-home.blogspot.co.uk/

Hope this is ok and goodluck for your exams!
[QUOTE="izzielizzie29;56680149"]Hey,
I have sample essays on my website and they were graded A/A*. The majority of the Edexcel anthology passages are on there however I dont have any for the AQA course unless there is some overlap.

http://bitesizers-home.blogspot.co.uk/

Hope this is ok and goodluck for your exams![/QUOTE
Yes good luck to everyone!!
I'm doing Jamison, Lafollette, and schneewind!!
For the Jamieson article, I have a feeling it could either be other questions of method or the role of examples :s-smilie:
Ah okay, will bear that in mind!
What have people got here for Donovan's passage on religious experience?
Any predictions which will come up: Westphal, Donovan or Ayer? They haven't repeated the same philosoper twice yet, which would suggest Westphal will not come up. But each philosopher has now come up twice, so they may do a curve ball and do Westphal.

I think Donovan
My teacher thinks Donovan, but I hate him!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oxocube
Hey!
I'm doing this exam! How did everyone find the foundations this morning?
Is anyone else doing the implications exam with Ayer, Donovan and Westphal?

i'm doing this exam! do you have any idea who it will be? I hope it's not Westphal!
Is anyone just revising Jamieson?
I am going to focus on Donovan & Ayer, but also make sure I know Westphal just incase it comes up, as you never know. It's the nature with every exam you will ever sit (apart from investigations last year) that you will learn much more than comes up. If you have any questions or need advice on any of the 3 texts, let me know and I will do my best to try and answer them!
Original post by alconnow
Is anyone just revising Jamieson?

me

i cba revising schneewind, its obvious jamiesons coming up. also my cuzzin works for edexcel and she told me jamiesons coming up.

thank me later
Original post by cruciverbalist
me

i cba revising schneewind, its obvious jamiesons coming up. also my cuzzin works for edexcel and she told me jamiesons coming up.

thank me later

Lol what is coming up for Philosophy? Can you ask her that? lol
Original post by cruciverbalist
me

thank me later

Can you ask for philosophy? I'll thank you now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is everyone actually revising for Unit 4? We can't learn 3 whole texts?! What are you all focussing your revision on? I'm screwed for this
Original post by Lucy_olivia
How is everyone actually revising for Unit 4? We can't learn 3 whole texts?! What are you all focussing your revision on? I'm screwed for this

You'll be fine! Don't just learn an essay on the scholars and re-write it in the exam as you are given a passage to interpret, so that wouldn't exactly work.

You have still got just under a week to learn, and at this point I would suggest running through the key points that each philosopher makes, and trying to just learn them. This way you will have knowledge of the whole essay, and you will be able to apply your knowledge to any passage you get get set.

I've attached some documents that I have found very useful for revision. Look at the one titled 'Themes and sections of Ayer, Donovan and Westphal. This is the one that breaks all the essays down and helps you understand them better.

Also, if you need some model essays, I have some. Just PM me or ask on here!

Good luck!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending