The Student Room Group

Anyone else enjoy revising?

Scroll to see replies

I enjoy it when im doing past papers and i actually can understand whats happening and answer it (especially maths) I think the best way to motivate myself is that knowing all the stuff and being able to do past papers makes you appear clever to other people, especially in class, which is what i strive for
I usually hate it, but this time round I've bought lots of coloured pens and paper to write notes on and I am really enjoying knowing that I am making an effort for these exams and that I CAN achieve the grade I want
Not at all, I get really frustrated when I don't understand something/forget something after spending ages of time on it. People who do enjoy it are just lucky little ******** :unimpressed:
I always enjoy things I am good at- so if I'm revising and finding it is going in then I get motivated and do more.
If I find it hard I sulk and give up.
I love revising. All of my revision notes are so clean and tidy.

That, and I love the slightly smug feeling I get when I finish a chapter :pierre:
I don't really revise, 'revision' implies that you actually learnt it the first time around and that you're just gently refreshing your memory. For me it's more like frantically trying to learn and understand everything that you should have done over the past year but have instead left yourself a week.
I don't LOVE it, but I don't mind doing it. I find it helps to type all my notes up onto the computer and simply print them out when it comes to revising - makes it so much easier.
Its only when it finally clicks, thats when I enjoy it.
Original post by Ra Ra
History revision seems to be the most fun at the moment, though I love revising for The Great Gatsby. Poetry, not so much. :colonhash:

Yeah, for me it's all Jacobean/Elizabethan texts. OH are you doing Frost for your poetry? (guessing by your location :biggrin:)
Reply 29
Know exactly how you feel. Totally in love with maths and science and I really enjoy sitting down and doing a nice paper. Kind of helps me focus my mind and takes my thoughts away from worries. Plus its a great feeling when you do well! And when you don't, at least you can realise what you need to do better
Reply 30
Original post by cardine92
I don't really revise, 'revision' implies that you actually learnt it the first time around and that you're just gently refreshing your memory. For me it's more like frantically trying to learn and understand everything that you should have done over the past year but have instead left yourself a week.

Yeah, this.
Reply 31
Original post by confusedexcited
Yeah, for me it's all Jacobean/Elizabethan texts. OH are you doing Frost for your poetry? (guessing by your location :biggrin:)

I wish :bawling: I'm doing The Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Keats poetry (which will be interesting, seeing as I haven't been in lessons for a single one of the Keats poems :tongue:) You?
Reply 32
I used to enjoy it, and exams. What a geed. :goofy:
Reply 33
Does anyone else find that associating funny rhymes/images with content helps them revise? Only I've now gone one step further with my powerpoint thing...I've stuck the Duke of Buckingham's head on this:

No lol... I am close to giving up at the moment with medical biology uni exams :s-smilie: I hate it so much.
I love writing essays, and I could revise Psychology for hours, but at the moment, I do not have motivation to do anything :frown:
Being a big nerd, if revision is going well and 'm enjoying the subject i'm doing, I'll enjoy it.

For some reason (even though I'm about do a History degree) I find monotonous adding up etc as well genetics in biology quite fun for some reason lol
Original post by Over The Rainbow X
I love writing essays, and I could revise Psychology for hours, but at the moment, I do not have motivation to do anything :frown:

How do you best revise for psychology? At the minute I've found making posters and writing notes out best but it's still not really going in!
Original post by buildalegohouse
Depends.
I get strangely happy when I start revision before the other people in my class, it makes me feel good about myself.
But when the exams get nearer, I just want to bang my head against the wall. I get so sickeningly nervous, and I can't concentrate properly, so I like to start revision early.

This.
Reply 39
Before revising, I have no motivation whatsoever. But when I finally get going with it, I actually enjoy it quite a bit, and I can easily sit for hours just revising. I just need to get started, then I enjoy it.
This is not true for all subjects, though. I have an easier time getting started with maths and physics than, say, biology. :^_^:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending