Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

BUSS3 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else fail BUSS3 and is retaking it? would be so greatful for some advice i have no idea where ive gone wrong!

ReputationRep:
    Im doing buss3 well nervous about itt

ReputationRep:
    I didn't fail it, just got a grade way below what I was expecting, I thought I had done really well! - I got my paper back turns out I didn't use the case study enough and didn't develop my points enough I just used lots of little points.

My teacher gave me structure guide for each exam BUSS3 and BUSS4 answers, and I now have a revision guide for each topic. Make sure you know all the key terms too.

I got and A in BUSS1 and a B in BUSS2, hopefully I can fix my misakes in my BUSS3 retake and come out with a decent grade. Buss4 should be okay as long as I can keep my research upto date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sj2093)
    I didn't fail it, just got a grade way below what I was expecting, I thought I had done really well! - I got my paper back turns out I didn't use the case study enough and didn't develop my points enough I just used lots of little points.

My teacher gave me structure guide for each exam BUSS3 and BUSS4 answers, and I now have a revision guide for each topic. Make sure you know all the key terms too.

I got and A in BUSS1 and a B in BUSS2, hopefully I can fix my misakes in my BUSS3 retake and come out with a decent grade. Buss4 should be okay as long as I can keep my research upto date.
    Hey would it be possible for you to send me the structure guide for Buss3 and Buss4?

ReputationRep:
    Here is my buss3 exam structure and notes about the exam:

1 hour 45 minutes (105 minutes)

4 questions:
    - one 10 mark question (analysis question)
    - two 18 mark questions (evaluation questions)
    - one 34 marks question

What you write in questions 1-3 can't be used in question 4. You can refer to things you have said eg calculations - but DO NOT use any of your main points again!

Question 4 Plan

Use headings for each paragraph (eg Case for expanding in the UK)

1st Argument

2nd Argument

Use heading (eg Case for expanding in Romania)

1st Argument

2nd Argument

** For each of the arguments you ideally want one argument from each area of the specification marketing, HR, finance and opps man) **

Use heading (eg. Recommendations)

Clear recommendation
    Justify using arguments you have already used initially. Then expand using a new point.
    Use a 'however' point (an alternative)
    Use an 'it depends' point
    Suggest alternatives

ReputationRep:
    Buss 4 'The Perfect Paragraph'

Opens with words from the question for focus
    Uses relevant theory to explain and analyse the point
    Follows a logical chain of analysis, using connectives
    Refers to 'hooks' from the question to form/support points
    Containts real business examples and/or evidence that supports the point
    Comes back to the question for focus

Evaluation

Make a decision
    Thorough justification (keep something back)
    Insight (alternatives, question the question, it depends upon, however)

ReputationRep:
    For all my exams I have followed the structure:

Definition of the main 'key term' in the question

Argument for

Argument Against

Evaluation

ReputationRep:
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    No problem

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 22, 2012
Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.