Some Facts About Growth-Enhanced Genetically Modified Fish
1. Juvenile genetically modified fish have bright colouration.
2. Genetically modified fish are slower swimmers than native fish.
3. Sterilization techniques for genetically modified fish are not 100% reliable.
4. Genetically modified fish eat more than native fish and deplete food sources.
5. Genetically modified fish reach sexual maturity at a younger age than native fish.
6. Genetically modified fish have a mating advantage over native fish as a result of their larger size.
7. Genetically modified fish grow larger in laboratory conditions than in the natural environment.
8. Genetically modified fish are 30% more likely to die before reaching sexual maturity than native fish.
- based on Nature, 2000
< >1. Four of the facts listed above that are most likely to raise concerns that the native fish population might decrease if some genetically modified fish escape from their pens are _____, _____, _____, and _____.
I'm not sure what the answer to this one is. if someone could help it would mean alot !!
Biology 30 question on genetics and fish
|How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey||02-12-2016|