Newcastle College Freshers Week

Watch
millermayte
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey there, new to this forum lark, does anyone know if Newcastle College has any freshers week??? I know other unis can buy wristbands ans stuff for their freshers weeks for discounts and i was wondering 1, could a newcastle college student buy one or 2, is there an alternative for us??
Also, might be staying in Garth Heads anyone else staying there or have any reviews on it??
Cheeers xx
Bshlew
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi, im hoping to come to newcastle college in september too! and i had a phone call from Garths head, im not sure if i want to live there thats the thing because i want an ensuite and i dont think that there is one and i live in london ages away from newcastle! so i cant go up and look round! and i looked up freshers week in newcastle college, and i found loads of people saying that it doesnt have one but there is i think its called space bar? that runs things like it but again im clueless in that department too! xx
ryanfleming
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by millermayte)
Hey there, new to this forum lark, does anyone know if Newcastle College has any freshers week??? I know other unis can buy wristbands ans stuff for their freshers weeks for discounts and i was wondering 1, could a newcastle college student buy one or 2, is there an alternative for us??
Also, might be staying in Garth Heads anyone else staying there or have any reviews on it??
Cheeers xx
hi! im also going to newcastle college next year and was wondering about freshers. NEED FRESHERS WEEK! haha im staying in Central Link btw x
EmilyNclCollege
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi all,

Pleased to hear that you are coming to Newcastle College - great choice! Every year, Newcastle College Students' Union hosts a Freshers Fair to welcome all new students to the College. This event includes lots of stalls, activities, freebies and discounts!

The College also has it's own bar on campus called Space, which regularly holds events.

Emily
millermayte
Rep:
?
(Original post by ryanfleming)
hi! im also going to newcastle college next year and was wondering about freshers. NEED FRESHERS WEEK! haha im staying in Central Link btw x

Awesome if they don't organise a freshers week we make one of our own! i'm going to be doing event management so this could kick me off :P I'm thinking garth heads, cheap n cheerfull apparently

xx
ryanfleming
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Awesome if they don't organise a freshers week we make one of our own! i'm going to be doing event management so this could kick me off :P I'm thinking garth heads, cheap n cheerfull apparently

xx
sounds good to me not sure how we will get everybody out but we will find a way! ahhh yeah i think a few are! facebook me if you like xx
millermayte
Rep:
?
There are quite a few ryan flemming's lol, might be better if you add me
http://www.facebook.com/lucy.miller.16?ref=tn_tnmn x
nicolar19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
im going to newcastle college in september too and i was wondering the same thing, i know we go to freshers fair but i was wondering if there were any events in like nightclubs in newcastle? cos i know my friends got them when they went to northumbria and newcastle uni im also living in central link if anyone else is? xx
Fay13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by nicolar19)
im going to newcastle college in september too and i was wondering the same thing, i know we go to freshers fair but i was wondering if there were any events in like nightclubs in newcastle? cos i know my friends got them when they went to northumbria and newcastle uni im also living in central link if anyone else is? xx
helloooo I'm also staying at central link!!! Which flat and block are you in?
Elzza
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey I've just applied through clearing to do events management at this college, really want to do it but as I live in Edinburgh would have to move. It says on the accomodation bit that it's only offered to people over 18 and I would be turning 18 on the 30th of september...does anybody know if it's still possible to get accomodation if you are nearly 18?
ccritchlow
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anybody else staying at the New Mills House's from September? I'm studying sports coaching science if anyone's doing the same course. I know my course starts in the 17th but do we need to be up before? If anyone's sorting out some fresher's things?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
jbis
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ccritchlow)
Anybody else staying at the New Mills House's from September? I'm studying sports coaching science if anyone's doing the same course. I know my course starts in the 17th but do we need to be up before? If anyone's sorting out some fresher's things?

I'm staying in New Mills House as well you're meant to either go up on the 1st or the 7th i'm going up on the 7th. What apartment are you in ?
GeorgiaODonovan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ccritchlow
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm in apartment 8, which one are you in? Don't know when I'm going to move in yet, I can't decide.

jbis
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh right i'm in apartment 5 my mate is in apartment 10 there is only 10 apartments in the whole building it's tiny
gmurray_91
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm in flat1. Still not sure when I'm moving in either. Most likely the 7th so hopefully there's a good crowd for a few nights out!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
HanaaGeorgiaa
Report 8 years ago
I hope there is a freshers week with newcastle college... and if there isnt i will be crashing northumbria and newcastle uni ones.. no way am i missing out on that ha xxxx
HanaaGeorgiaa
Report 8 years ago

xx
I like this! Im in haha x
rattusratus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
you cant crash newcastle and northumbria freashers week as you need a wristband even half of the uni students wont get in
HanaaGeorgiaa
Report 8 years ago
By crashing it i mean i shall be going out in Newcastle anyway during freshers week.. not that i want to go to their events.. Freshers go out to ALL bars all over Newcastle. .ive gone out lots of freshers week and even without wristbands they are a good night out! x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (516)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads