The Student Room Group
Reply 1
love_4_ducks
im about to write my CV to send off anyone got any tips for me or any good websites where they offer templates?

There are templates on www.s-cool.co.uk
love_4_ducks
im about to write my CV to send off anyone got any tips for me or any good websites where they offer templates?

If you have Microsoft Works then they have plenty of very good templates.

I think they have articles about creating a good CV in the education sections in www.thetimes.co.uk and www.guardian.co.uk.
Reply 3
happysunshine
If you have Microsoft Works then they have plenty of very good templates.

I think they have articles about creating a good CV in the education sections in www.thetimes.co.uk and www.guardian.co.uk.

cheers guys but none of the links seem to work :frown:
love_4_ducks
cheers guys but none of the links seem to work :frown:

www.guardian.co.uk
www.thetimes.co.uk

You'll have to copy and paste them.
Reply 5
Keep it to one page, and don't use templates. Don't have large blocks of text, use bullet points. The reader will not spend more than 5 seconds looking at it usually.
Reply 6
http://www.alec.co.uk has some good advice :smile:
Reply 7
Why not write it yourself? If there are popular templates around, found on the internet, people interviewing you may well have seen you... how would you feel, interviewing someone who copied his CV layout from some website on the web, rather than trying himself...?
Mine's considered an OK template which a lot of people have used... obviously cut the colours for a paper CV but you may like the format: Education, Employment/Experience, Extracurriculars, in reverse chronological order. The alternative is a skills-based one - so after Education I'd have put Media, Marketing, Finance... etc subheadings.

To look at other templates type something like gcse cv into Google and you'll find loads of others from British students/ 20somethings.

Latest