The Student Room Group

wh smith cheeky question.

Hey, having difficulty answering these probably quite easy multiple choice questions, as they all seem so similar. can anyone check through them. i have bolded the ones i think are right,.

Please choose below which one option you think best describes good customer service;
Acknowledging customers when they enter the store
Keeping yourself busy with other activities happening in store
Answering customer queries with basic information
Having a good product knowledge
Going out of your way help customers in a polite and approachable manner

Please choose below which one option you think best describes how to sell additional purchases (eg chocolate bars or bottle of water) to customers at the till;

Be forceful in presenting products to customers
Position the products well by your till and let the products sell themselves
Offer customers who already seem interested in purchasing products
Suggest to the friendly customers that they are able to buy products
Start up friendly conversation with every customer and offer the products

*Please choose below which one option you think best describes how to prioritise a list of tasks from your manager;
Find a good balance between carrying out tasks and serving customers
Prioritise tasks and complete the most important first
Do the easiest task first
Carry on serving customers and complete the tasks later
Ask colleagues to help if you are struggling to complete tasks in the time period
(wasnt sure at all on this one,between completely priority tasks here)

*Please choose below which one option you think best describes what makes a good team player;
Helping others when they are struggling to carry out a particular task
Listening and respecting your colleagues
Expecting other people to carry out daily tasks
Having a helpful and approachable relationship with all colleagues
Delegating tasks to colleagues because you are a natural leader

(wasnt sure between a and the one i chose here)

*Please choose below which one option you think best describes how to deal with a challenging customer;
Go and get the Store Manager straightaway
Remain calm and listen to the customer’s frustrations
Apologise to the customer for the problem
Acknowledge the issue and inform the customer you are unable to do anything about it
Try to help but seek the support of the Store Manager if you are unable to deal with the situation
(wasnt sure between the one i chose and the last one here)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
1. yes
2. yes
3. yes the one in bold as it shows customers come first etc
4. yes
5. difficult one, because the customer might just be frustrated that doesn't involve a managers input. however the last one shows you are willing to find help if you cant do it... personally I'd choose the last one.

I spent 4 years working at Waterstones so these answers are based on what i did throughout :smile:
Original post by lcsurfer
1. yes
2. yes
3. yes the one in bold as it shows customers come first etc
4. yes
5. difficult one, because the customer might just be frustrated that doesn't involve a managers input. however the last one shows you are willing to find help if you cant do it... personally I'd choose the last one.

I spent 4 years working at Waterstones so these answers are based on what i did throughout :smile:

Reply 3
Yea the last one is difficult because you should do both of the things you're torn between. Then again you wouldn't normally go straight to the store manager, you'd get a supervisor first.
Reply 4
1. It would be right by their standards, but as someone who works in a charity shop that's completely wrong because customers generally don't want a jackass following them around the shop. Just say good morning as they come in and they are happy.

2. Depends on the customer, but that's right.

3. Right again. Although it should specify which tasks are priority and which are not because otherwise priority tasks should always come first.

4. Correct.

5. The last option is correct, but the problem is that that's more of a continuation of your answer, so it's a bit of a silly option.
I'm doing the same questions and I'm stuck on the last question, do I pick the 2nd or last?
Reply 6
Original post by Genocidal
1. It would be right by their standards, but as someone who works in a charity shop that's completely wrong because customers generally don't want a jackass following them around the shop. Just say good morning as they come in and they are happy.

You might consider it completely wrong for a charity shop, but for every other customer service job it's completely right. I agree customers don't want staff pestering them, but that isn't what the answer says. It simply says be friendly and approachable to customers, and go out of your way to help (meaning provide a service above the customers' expectations)
Reply 7
Also the last question is a bit silly since you would probably do 3 of them, but I would say to pick the last answer. Only because when taking each answer in isolation, "Try to help but seek the support of the Store Manager if you are unable to deal with the situation" suggests you are actually trying to solve the customer's problem, whereas "Remain calm and listen to the customer’s frustrations" does nothing to help solve the problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending