The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

Anyone going to Glasgow Caledonian University 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannahmac4
same with me i know nobody, all of my friends are going to either aberdeen, dundee, or edinburgh :confused:
i am hoping to study optometry, i will also be staying in caley court

My best friend is going to Dundee uni. She wanted me to go as well but I really wanted Glasgow Caley cos it's closer to home. Other unis are just too far away for my tastes since I aim to visit home every second weekend. I'm staying at Buchanan Halls rather than Caley. I didn't think I would get in :rolleyes: Are you worried about living away from home?
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Hey guys, I've applied for Caley Court and I'm going to be studying Multimedia Journalism come September, anyone else doing this course?
Reply 82
Original post by Miss Trololol
My best friend is going to Dundee uni. She wanted me to go as well but I really wanted Glasgow Caley cos it's closer to home. Other unis are just too far away for my tastes since I aim to visit home every second weekend. I'm staying at Buchanan Halls rather than Caley. I didn't think I would get in :rolleyes: Are you worried about living away from home?

Yeh I think it will be quite scary. The course i will be doing is only done at caley so I had no choice x
Yeh I think it will be quite scary. The course i will be doing is only done at caley so I had no choice x

I'm in the same boat. Glasgow Caley is only one that I've seen that runs my course as well.

I've lived away from home and abroad couple of times before but yeah, it can be a little scary but you'll be fine :smile: Lots of students will be in the same situation. Some people find it easier than others. Have you lived away from home before or will this be your first time striking out alone?

My best friend has never lived away from home and her parents are the type that do everything for her so she's gonna find it really hard to cope :/
Reply 84
Original post by Miss Trololol
I'm in the same boat. Glasgow Caley is only one that I've seen that runs my course as well.

I've lived away from home and abroad couple of times before but yeah, it can be a little scary but you'll be fine :smile: Lots of students will be in the same situation. Some people find it easier than others. Have you lived away from home before or will this be your first time striking out alone?

My best friend has never lived away from home and her parents are the type that do everything for her so she's gonna find it really hard to cope :/

Yeh s'pose, no I've never lived away from home but I'm quite independent and have been working 2 jobs while studying, and intend to go full time over summer, cos its gonna be sooooo expensive:frown:
I think it will be hard initially but im sure that after the first few days it will be fun
Yeh s'pose, no I've never lived away from home but I'm quite independent and have been working 2 jobs while studying, and intend to go full time over summer, cos its gonna be sooooo expensive:frown:
I think it will be hard initially but im sure that after the first few days it will be fun

I know :'( I don't even wanna think about it. I'm worried about the student loans really. Some people I know last year didn't get their first payment until October :/
Just wondering if any one else is planning on going to the health and life sciences 'Boot Camp' day in august? :tongue: x
Reply 87
Hey, If everything goes well I will be studying business management at caley.
hope to meet u guys in september :smile: x
Reply 88
Original post by beccacarolyn
Just wondering if any one else is planning on going to the health and life sciences 'Boot Camp' day in august? :tongue: x

Hy yeah I sent back the form already, sounds good
What have you applied for? :smile:
Hei! I am going study forensic investigation at Cali! :smile:

I will maybe live in halls !

Anybody else is going to study forensic investigation?

I feel so left out. I'll technically part of the Health and Life sciences but I haven't heard anything yet.
Original post by Taylorbear
Im going to GCU to do Physio :smile: but i havent even applies for accommodation yet :/ where is best to apply?

im studying physio and ive applied for caledonian court :smile:
Original post by gedi94
YES i'm also planning to study physiotherapy at GCU it's my first choice,and im also from N.I

See you there, you staying in halls?
Reply 93
has anyone who has applied heard back from caledonian court?:redface: I don't know whether to book a place to stay somewhere else..in case I don't get an offer of accommodation from there :s
Hy yeah I sent back the form already, sounds good
What have you applied for? :smile:

Yeah I sent mine back too :smile: I applied to do the BSc Oral Health Science, what about you? x
Reply 95
Yeah I sent mine back too :smile: I applied to do the BSc Oral Health Science, what about you? x

Oh cool, I've applied for optometry x have you applied for halls?
Oh cool, I've applied for optometry x have you applied for halls?

Cool :smile: do you have a conditional or unconditional? and yeah I sent my application off just waiting to hear back, what about you? x
Hey I should be doing BSc Psychology starting September if i fulfill my conditions :biggrin:

I'm moving into the UNITE flats in Buchanan view so hopefully I'll get to meet some of you in September :P
Original post by INTERPOLv2
Hey I should be doing BSc Psychology starting September if i fulfill my conditions :biggrin:

I'm moving into the UNITE flats in Buchanan view so hopefully I'll get to meet some of you in September :P

Awesome! I'm doing the BSc Psychology with Interactive Entertainment and I'm also staying in Buchanan View :biggrin: Bring it on September.
Reply 99
Hey Im goin to Glasgow Cal in september 2012 also :smile: And from Northern Ireland.. so whos applied for Buchanan view already? I was goin to apply but then heard bad things about it and now i, confused.. thinkin i shud stick to caldonian court? help :confused: thanks lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending