The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

Anyone going to Glasgow Caledonian University 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by hannahmac4
same with me i know nobody, all of my friends are going to either aberdeen, dundee, or edinburgh :confused:
i am hoping to study optometry, i will also be staying in caley court

Hey Ive been accepted for optometry.. :smile: glad to see someone else whos possibly doin it lol
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Reply 101
Original post by LilLisa89
Hey Im goin to Glasgow Cal in september 2012 also :smile: And from Northern Ireland.. so whos applied for Buchanan view already? I was goin to apply but then heard bad things about it and now i, confused.. thinkin i shud stick to caldonian court? help :confused: thanks lol

Hi,
em, what exactly did you heard about Buchanan? I thought about applying there now and now I don't know anymore:biggrin: Are things very bad over there?

anyways, no one is thinking about renting a flat together with someone? It would be cheaper...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 102
Original post by Linukas
Hi,
em, what exactly did you heard about Buchanan? I thought about applying there now and now I don't know anymore:biggrin: Are things very bad over there?

anyways, no one is thinking about renting a flat together with someone? It would be cheaper...

i just read stuff bout alot o fire alarms bein disruptive and annoyin durin the middle of the night.. i paid ma deposit today tho.. so thats me tied to it now. aha hopefully it wont be so bad. its very dear tho.. they ask for installnents that begin at start of august before loans are in..
Reply 103
i dnt understand this place.. lol its sayin i havent replied.. but i have :s-smilie:
i just read stuff bout alot o fire alarms bein disruptive and annoyin durin the middle of the night.. i paid ma deposit today tho.. so thats me tied to it now. aha hopefully it wont be so bad. its very dear tho.. they ask for installnents that begin at start of august before loans are in..

God I know. I went to get a student bank account opened so I could get an overdraft on it. Then again, Cal Courts wanted £650 up front as well. At least we will get that deposit back at the end of the year :smile:

It's so ironic that students halls are the most expensive place to live. I might try and get a flat with some other students for second year.
i dnt understand this place.. lol its sayin i havent replied.. but i have :s-smilie:

Have you printed out all the paperwork? When I was doing mine, I got an email with all the paperwork and tenancy agreements that I had to print out, fill in and send back. That might be why.
Reply 106
Yeah i got all that.. signin them all today and gettin them sent off tomoro :smile: and yeah, am defo goin for a cheaper option in second year lol. bring it on :biggrin:
Reply 107
yea i've applied to halls :smile:
Yeah i got all that.. signin them all today and gettin them sent off tomoro :smile: and yeah, am defo goin for a cheaper option in second year lol. bring it on :biggrin:

Yeah, me too. I'd like a flat somewhere :biggrin:
Hello, will anyone arrive to Glasgow in august? Cuz I may appear there quite early and that would be nice to meet some of you in person :wink:
Reply 110
I'm starting Biomedical Science in September. Anyone else?!
Reply 111
Original post by AdaChapeau
Hello, will anyone arrive to Glasgow in august? Cuz I may appear there quite early and that would be nice to meet some of you in person :wink:

Where are you going to live if you are coming quite early? I thought about coming in August, but now I think I will come just in the beginning of September because of all this accommodation thing ^^

I have a question for the ones who applied for Buchanan View. Is there possibility to get a room for shorter period of time than a standart academic year? I saw that they give 41-55weeks, but that's too much for me and I don't know what to do:biggrin:
Original post by Linukas

I have a question for the ones who applied for Buchanan View. Is there possibility to get a room for shorter period of time than a standart academic year? I saw that they give 41-55weeks, but that's too much for me and I don't know what to do:biggrin:

I don't think they have any of the smaller leases left :frown: My lease is too long for me but I didn't really have much option.

But I suppose you could always email them or something and find out. Or maybe try other halls near the area.
I start in September too! I'm doing psychology and i can't wait :biggrin:
Just looking at accommodation now and leaning towards Buchanan View mostly because it's too much effort to flat search from Bournemouth!
Original post by smile.its.me
I start in September too! I'm doing psychology and i can't wait :biggrin:
Just looking at accommodation now and leaning towards Buchanan View mostly because it's too much effort to flat search from Bournemouth!

I'm doing Psychology too! :biggrin:

Quite a lot of folks are staying at Buchanan view. There's a whole crowd of us now :biggrin:
Reply 115
hrrr, there are a lot of available rooms to choose from, don't know which one now:biggrin:
How do you think, is it better to chosse the one which is occupied by some people already or choose the one with none people in it yet? So scary to get flatmates with whom I wouldn't get along well, but still would love to have many of them:biggrin:D
How did you decide which room to pick?
Original post by Linukas

How do you think, is it better to chosse the one which is occupied by some people already or choose the one with none people in it yet? So scary to get flatmates with whom I wouldn't get along well, but still would love to have many of them:biggrin:D

How did you decide which room to pick?

Try not to worry about your flatmates hun :smile: There's no point in stressing about it. There's just no way of knowing what sorta people you'll end up flatting with. I'm scared too but I'm trying not to stress about it :colondollar: Anyway, those flats will fill up by the end of summer once the British exam results are published so it won't matter which flat you pick. I went for an empty flat at buchanan views as well and by the end of the week, it was full.
Reply 117
I'm going to caley hopefully :smile: got a conditional offer
Reply 118
I chose one that had a first year girl in.... but she must have pulled out.. and now so far its me and a first year boy :/
Reply 119
Original post by Miss Trololol
Try not to worry about your flatmates hun :smile: There's no point in stressing about it. There's just no way of knowing what sorta people you'll end up flatting with. I'm scared too but I'm trying not to stress about it :colondollar: Anyway, those flats will fill up by the end of summer once the British exam results are published so it won't matter which flat you pick. I went for an empty flat at buchanan views as well and by the end of the week, it was full.

Your truth. When I think about, the only thing that matters is my own attitude towards it. Whatever it will be - it just an experience to be remembered:biggrin:

Do you know when university will send some kind of instructions to accepted students?
I got confimation from UCAS that I got the place but I am still waiting something directly from the university. Should I stop waiting and start preparing instead?

Is anyone thinking about registering to any students societies?

Hm, and also, I have applied for SAAS, but they do not send me the confirmation letter even though they say they did. Should I be worried or it doesn't matter whether I get the letter or not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending