Just realised i ate mouldy bread!! Help!!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    i'm really scared right now!

    i was making a sandwhich with a wholewheat bap. cut it in half, put some butter on it and some edam cheese. popped it into the oven for a few minutes so the cheese could melt, started eating it, turned the bap around and noticed that there was some green mouldy bits on the bottom. but by that time i'd already eaten over half of it.

    and now it feels like my tongue is a little fuzzy. i'm reaally freaking out right now!!

    has anyone ever eaten mouldy bread? what are the side effects that i should be expecting?
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    There will be no side-effects, you're fine.

    I once, unwittingly, consumed orange juice that was a month out-of-date and I was fine.
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine. Most people have eaten mouldy bread before. It's nothing to worry about.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine. As a student, I regularly ate bread that had gone a little bit mouldy (obvs with the visible mouldy bits cut off!) Maybe I'm just a tramp though?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christykai1049)
    i'm really scared right now!

    i was making a sandwhich with a wholewheat bap. cut it in half, put some butter on it and some edam cheese. popped it into the oven for a few minutes so the cheese could melt, started eating it, turned the bap around and noticed that there was some green mouldy bits on the bottom. but by that time i'd already eaten over half of it.

    and now it feels like my tongue is a little fuzzy. i'm reaally freaking out right now!!

    has anyone ever eaten mouldy bread? what are the side effects that i should be expecting?
    I don't think you will live for any longer, poor soul.
    Name:  bread_monster_by_kangellove.jpg
Views: 1516
Size:  69.8 KB
    CURSE YOU, BREAD MO00ONSTA
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    You're fine. Most people have eaten mouldy bread at some point.
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    Isn't it just penicillin on mouldy bread? Well, at least the blue-y parts might be.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Bread moud is fine. apparently the mould in blue cheese is actually bread mould, so it definitely isn't dangerous.
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    Unless you're very lucky, you'll be dead within 3 - 6 hours.
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    Yeah, basically you only have about 5 minutes left to live.
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexmagpie)
    Unless you're very lucky, you'll be dead within 3 - 6 hours.
    Luckily, I was very lucky and survived.
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Isn't it just penicillin on mouldy bread? Well, at least the blue-y parts might be.
    No.
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexmagpie)
    Unless you're very lucky, you'll be dead within 3 - 6 hours.
    You were much more lenient than me, lol
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    I made eggy bread with mouldy bread. Student life hah! Yeah, you'll be fine, you'll just convince yourself you feel ill!
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    Dead bastard
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christykai1049)
    i'm really scared right now!

    i was making a sandwhich with a wholewheat bap. cut it in half, put some butter on it and some edam cheese. popped it into the oven for a few minutes so the cheese could melt, started eating it, turned the bap around and noticed that there was some green mouldy bits on the bottom. but by that time i'd already eaten over half of it.

    and now it feels like my tongue is a little fuzzy. i'm reaally freaking out right now!!

    has anyone ever eaten mouldy bread? what are the side effects that i should be expecting?
    Have you ever eaten Roquefort? You'll probably be fine.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christykai1049)
    i'm really scared right now!

    i was making a sandwhich with a wholewheat bap. cut it in half, put some butter on it and some edam cheese. popped it into the oven for a few minutes so the cheese could melt, started eating it, turned the bap around and noticed that there was some green mouldy bits on the bottom. but by that time i'd already eaten over half of it.

    and now it feels like my tongue is a little fuzzy. i'm reaally freaking out right now!!

    has anyone ever eaten mouldy bread? what are the side effects that i should be expecting?
    Mouldy bread killed my father and raped my mother. I'm sorry
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    That's what your immune system is for. You'll be fine.
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    Sorry OP but this made me laugh! I drank curdled milk once *shudder*
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    You think that is bad? When I was confined to the sofa last April with swine flu, my Mum had been feeding me mouldy brioche for at least two days running! I had about six of them!

    It won't harm you. I am still here after that horrible experience!
 
 
 
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 24, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.