The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm thinking about applying to live there as I start my MRes at Imperial in Sept. But it's so expensive!!! Is it really worth it??
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by hevbee
I'm thinking about applying to live there as I start my MRes at Imperial in Sept. But it's so expensive!!! Is it really worth it??

Hey,

Because you're going to Imperial you will get a £25 a week bursary which makes it cheaper. It is quite expensive but it is so much better than anything else i have seen and all my friends that have seen griffon this year think it's really good.

It is luxury accommodation a bit like a nice hotel and pretty good location. I really think it's worth it but it's up to you. Why don't you call gradpad and get them to show you around?
Reply 22
Original post by Georgie8473
Hi Guys,

I live at griffon studios at the moment and really love it but i am moving to Wood lane studios in september because the studios and complex is amazing and so close to westfield shopping centre (i love shopping!!)

Are many other people going to live at wood lane studios in september? My friends from UCL and LSE have booked at wood lane but i would like to meet some new friends that also go to Imperial.

Thanks guys!

Georgie x

Hi Georgie,

I'll be staying at Wood Lane Studios come September (but studying at Queen Mary). I was actually torn between Griffon Studios and Wood Land. Just wanted to get your thoughts on how you found the experience at Griffon and what you thought of Wood Lane when you visited.

Cheers
Reply 23
Thanks Georgie! Will get in contact and take a look around :smile:
Original post by Izzo_81
Hi Georgie,

I'll be staying at Wood Lane Studios come September (but studying at Queen Mary). I was actually torn between Griffon Studios and Wood Land. Just wanted to get your thoughts on how you found the experience at Griffon and what you thought of Wood Lane when you visited.

Cheers

Hey,

I really like Griffon this year and everyone is really friendly but i just feel like i wanted a change. I went up and had a look at the studios at wood lane and think they are amazing. Also, Wood Lane is really good for getting into central London as it is a direct tube taking only about 15 minutes.

I would definitely recommend people to live at Griffon and some of my friends are this year but like i said i just wanted a change and somewhere new to live and get the feel for a different area.

See you in September!

G x
Reply 25
Hey,

I really like Griffon this year and everyone is really friendly but i just feel like i wanted a change. I went up and had a look at the studios at wood lane and think they are amazing. Also, Wood Lane is really good for getting into central London as it is a direct tube taking only about 15 minutes.

I would definitely recommend people to live at Griffon and some of my friends are this year but like i said i just wanted a change and somewhere new to live and get the feel for a different area.

See you in September!

G x

Thanks Georgie,

I only got to see the videos on their website so its great to get the perspective of someone who has seen it first-hand.

See you in September. All the best :smile:
Went to look round Wood Lane and Griffon studios today - they're both so nice!!
Am now torn about which one to go for though, does anyone have any suggestions?
Wood Lane is brand new which is great and all the rooms have huge windows which let in loads of light, and there's lots of storage. But on the other hand Griffon's already established and has a bit of a community going, and it's ridiculously close to the station.

Georgie your posts were really helpful thanks, was good to know that people are really happy living at griffon and that it's a good area!
I went for a viewing at wood lane today and really liked it, so much better than some of the other places I've seen!
Am still torn between griffon and wood lane though, the rooms and facilities at both are great (can't believe they have 24 hour gyms?!) but one's established and has a community feel while the other is brand new - can't decide which is better haha.
Everyone was eating dinner together in the common room at griffon which was so good to see and there's so much to do in clapham common, but wood lane is only 5 mintes from westfields and two tube stations.

need to decide soon because i know their rooms are selling out pretty fast now, so any suggestions to help me choose would be great!
Reply 28
Original post by victoria314
I went for a viewing at wood lane today and really liked it, so much better than some of the other places I've seen!
Am still torn between griffon and wood lane though, the rooms and facilities at both are great (can't believe they have 24 hour gyms?!) but one's established and has a community feel while the other is brand new - can't decide which is better haha.
Everyone was eating dinner together in the common room at griffon which was so good to see and there's so much to do in clapham common, but wood lane is only 5 mintes from westfields and two tube stations.

need to decide soon because i know their rooms are selling out pretty fast now, so any suggestions to help me choose would be great!

We'll make our own community at Wood Lane; see you there in September :smile:
Checked out both griffon and wood lane studios. I took the 49 bus which actually goes from griffon studios (clapham junction) past imperial (south ken) and terminates at wood lane (white city). They are about the same distance/time from ICL by bus (@ 30 mins) and I would estimate 20 minute bike ride from either. However, wood lane has much better tube connections to ICL (@30 mins) and directly to the rest of central London. Wood lane studios are brand new and a bit more spacious with 2 windows, but otherwise both are outstanding. Overall the area around shepherd’s bush/notting hill is much nicer than Clapham junction. The westfield mall right next to wood lane is gigantic and has loads of restaurants and high end shops.
Reply 30
:-D your posts have made me feel very relieved. Do you have any idea how far wood lane is from the architectural association in Bedford square?
Reply 31
Hey Guys!

I currently live at Griffon in Block B and love it here! Everybody is really nice and helpful and the area is really good. There is a bus that goes directly to Imperial College that is a 1 minute walk from Griffon. The train is easy to use and quick to get there aswell. I really like the area at Clapham there are lots of bars and good restaurants but Griffon is hidden away so you can be quiet as well.

I was going to re book my room for this year but gradpad took me up to there new wood lane studios and i have chosen to book there instead. The wood lane studios are amazing all my friends at UCL and LSE are booking Wood Lane as well because it is so nice. I have asked Gradpad and you are allowed friends to stay in your room 3 nights a week (i have had friends stay for 2 weeks at a time this year and griffon have not minded - it is much more relaxed than they say). I dont smoke very often but when i do you are allowed to smoke and drink in the nice garden and patios all around at griffon.

If anybody would like to ask me any questions at all please ask me! Oh and also there is no problem with the internet it was sorted out ages ago and is now very quick and reliable.

Speak soon guys,

Georgie

Don't suppose you could tell me how large the bottom right corner is on this could you? With the dressing area and to the right of the turning circle as the borders.
GF checked it out and she says its quite small. I might not have time to go to London as I'm travelling, so was just wondering; lol a rough guess would be useful (need room to put my junk!)
Many thanks,
http://www.gradpadlondon.com/live/griffon-studios/
In griffon the standard and premium studios are 19 and 22 square meters respectively. Although the increment is small, the premium definitely feels more spacious and in fact does have more storage space. By comparison, the woodlane premium and standard studios are 26 and 19 square meters for the same prices. At woodlane the difference in size is significant, so the premium is worth the additional cost.
(edited 11 years ago)
Any one else planning to bike from wood lane to imperial?

Only 16 minutes on the fast route, according to this site, http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/cycling/11901.aspx
Hey there,

I'm an overseas student from Egypt doing MSc Surgical Science in October at Imperial. Anyone here still looking for a place to stay? I am finding it very difficult to sort out something in private sector...
Original post by LegendaryEgypt
Hey there,

I'm an overseas student from Egypt doing MSc Surgical Science in October at Imperial. Anyone here still looking for a place to stay? I am finding it very difficult to sort out something in private sector...

Hey!

Why don't you come and stay with us at Wood Lane? They are almost fully booked now so I think it will be a lot of fun! They are even giving us money when we move in to spend on stuff in the communal areas like pool tables etc!!!!
Wood Lana is sold out, only a few at Griffon available for more than 200 a week which is too expensive for my budget :frown: thanks for the invite though, I hope you do have fun :smile:
I don't think woodlane studios is sold out yet, according to their website. I would definitely check it out.
yeah I just checked the email I got from them and I guess you're right, there should be some places available at Woodlane but probably more than 250 a week

Thank you for your enquiry.

The cheapest accommodation we have available are our standard studios at Griffon Studios which are priced at £224 per week.

If you would like to come for a viewing of Griffon Studios or Wood Lane, or both, our showrooms are open form 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. You are more than welcome to come at any time within these hours and one of my colleagues or I would be happy to show you around.
Hey,
how are you going to pay for your Woodlane studio? I chose to pay by a debit card on August 22nd, however, they still haven't received the tenancy agreements I sent a couple of weeks ago...

Latest

Trending

Trending