The Student Room Group

The Big Liverpool Veterinary School Q & A thread.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SilverstarDJ
Not sure how fast you drive Lizzie but it used to take me over an hour during rush hour to get to Leahurst from Liverpool! :P

As Lizzie has mentioned, having a dog is a commitment and uni is very time consuming! I think you'll be fine for the first 3 years but you will most probably need a dog walker in 4th and 5th years since you can't guarantee to be able to pop home at lunch times on rotations. I had my dog up for the start of 4th year and to be honest struggled to give her enough time AND stay on top of my uni work and she's not a 'needy' dog either! I've since decided she is best to stay with my mum until I finish uni but a minority have dogs up at Leahurst and seem to somehow manage! Rotations can be long too - and likely to be more than 9-5 (some do 7/8am - 7pm depending on how much stuff there is to do). Yes, people do rely on others to help walk their dog but sometimes it can be difficult when all you know if vet students doing similar hours to yourself anyway.

Good luck with your interview! Will keep my fingers crossed for you :wink:

Haha it wasn't during rush hour, and my house is like right next to the Birkenhead tunnel, I thought it would take me an hour and it took me 27 minutes, I was half an hour early for my appointment with Molly :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, I was wondering how they examine you at Liverpool, as in what kind of formats etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending