Madeleine McCann 28 detectives wasted on her Watch

Simplicity
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st_read_module

Seriously, how the hell are we still paying for her to be found. It's been four years she is dead. Yet Police are wasting a ton of resources on this crap.

Also, they have came to the conclusion that she is either dead or alive. What the hell? Seriously, that's a blood tautology. What other conclusion can you come to? She is a zombie. Still doesn't justify spending millions on a girl that is 99% likely be dead.

Also, I still think there parents killed the child.
Alexandra's Box
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think that the massive media campaign to try and find her was a little unfair to all the other children who go missing and never found.
geetar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"We are working on the basis of two possibilities here - one is that Madeleine is still alive, and the second that she is, sadly, dead."

Erwin Schrodinger, eat your heart out.
kMt
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I dont know man. All I know is I want her to be found alive/dead (hopefully alive) so that her parents and family can move on. I wish the same for every other missing person.

I was lost once on holiday when I was 6 and I'll never forget the fear. I know getting lost is not the same but still.
Elaiina0400
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thousands of children go missing yet there parent's who cant even look after there own children and they have a big world wide fuss, If it was my choice I'd take the other two children of them, they wasn't fit to look after one never mind three.... yeah it was horrible what happened and it wasn't her fault but why does no one blame the parents? and why haven't social services taken the other two?
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Its sad that this case gets more attention than however many other missing child cases

But a child went missing and at the end of the day, if this case wasnt so hyped up for all these years and made even worse with all the talk about their funds being wrongly used, parents could have done it (etc)... and so if this was a different child, i'm not sure as many people would be outraged by this.
I wouldnt give a **** if i had a missing child who has been missing for 10 years and it cost the country 10 million quid to find him/her, i'd want them to do whateve rpossible.. especially if the initial investigation seemed ****. Thus i find it hard to criticize other cases for using money for the same reason
Tateco
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Shows how successful you can be if you campaign enough.
Darth Stewie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't blame the parents for continuing to campaign and doing everything they can to keep the case going, like tommmy said it's their child and they are obviously going to do everything in their power to find her. Can't imagine many Portuguese people being to happy about the campaign to reopen the case though, with the amount of native kids that go missing in that country such time and effort by their police force to find a girl who isn't even Portuguese must rub some people the wrong way.
goape
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
Its sad that this case gets more attention than however many other missing child cases

But a child went missing and at the end of the day, if this case wasnt so hyped up for all these years and made even worse with all the talk about their funds being wrongly used, parents could have done it (etc)... and so if this was a different child, i'm not sure as many people would be outraged by this.
I wouldnt give a **** if i had a missing child who has been missing for 10 years and it cost the country 10 million quid to find him/her, i'd want them to do whateve rpossible.. especially if the initial investigation seemed ****. Thus i find it hard to criticize other cases for using money for the same reason
I don't blame the parents for wanting to do everything possible.
I blame the police for letting everything possible be done, at the expense of other cases and resources.
hmon93
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What kind of parents leave a four year old and two babies unsupervised at night?
ForKicks
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A 28 man PR team then?
walterwhite123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by goape)
I don't blame the parents for wanting to do everything possible.
I blame the police for letting everything possible be done, at the expense of other cases and resources.
Nor me. But I do blame them for leaving their child alone. This is all their fault, if only they would acknowledge it.
walterwhite123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hmon93)
What kind of parents leave a four year old and two babies unsupervised at night?
Bad ones. If they were doleites from a council estate they'd have been locked up for it.
Keckers
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hmon93)
This is what I found strange. Sure, at Mark Warner resorts there is a check up service where rooms are checked which are known to have children in them, but the check is literally listening at the door to make sure the children aren't in hysterics or something, and to leave babies unattended is mad. Sure, leave a toddler with this sort of check up system in place, but a toddler and two babies? Madness.
BHS12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Simplicity)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st_read_module

Seriously, how the hell are we still paying for her to be found. It's been four years she is dead. Yet Police are wasting a ton of resources on this crap.

Also, they have came to the conclusion that she is either dead or alive. What the hell? Seriously, that's a blood tautology. What other conclusion can you come to? She is a zombie. Still doesn't justify spending millions on a girl that is 99% likely be dead.

Also, I still think there parents killed the child.
Your not wrong.

They were both doctors- could get their hands on very strong medications, including sedatives. They overdosed her, absolutely bricked it about their jobs (not their daughter being dead of course, I think we all realise how selfish they are for leaving them in the first place) and covered it up.

Apparently Gerry McCann and his friend were making sexual gestures about children though :confused:

Either one did it and is protecting the other, or they both did it. Unfortunately, we probably won't find out until they are on their death bed about to snuff it and not a minute earlier.

Not to mention- how the HELL are those two twins still in their custody?? A lowly working class, single mother would have her child taken off her if she left them unattended- whether it was "close by" or not.
BHS12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not to mention- the resort they stayed at had a kids club untill 11 o clock (for young children too) and a babysitting service.

Cmon, I could afford that- so why can't two doctors who must of been on £300,000+?
Add!ction
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If she is a alive (which I doubt) then she has been longer with her captors than with her parents. If they're not treating her badly then she may not even want to return to her parents if she is found, she might not even speak English anymore.
Idle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Honestly if she is found (won't happen) and is told what her parents did she probably wouldn't want to be with them anyway.
roxyqueen2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There are so many children go missing every year. I wish they had the same backing.
shezshez
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think you should all quit speculating. There is absolutely no evidence of the girl being killed. As for the DNA argument I think you'll find that the Portuguese cops were highly incompetent.

I think she's alive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (412)
67.21%
No (201)
32.79%

Watched Threads