The Student Room Group

Madeleine McCann 28 detectives wasted on her

Scroll to see replies

you really think they care what some whiney ass (seemingly heartless) young boy on an internet forum things? moreover, what ANYONE else thinks?

because i know if i had children and one of them was taken... i would not stop trying and get them back, even if i knew they were dead, even if people complained and thought the worst of me (suggesting they organised it... they have been investigated and fully cleared... this must be one of the hardest things anyone could go through)...

i do not blame them one bit and wish them all the luck in the world, if people are willing to donate to them and the media is still willing to cover them, then they should use every last bit of those advantages that they can.
Original post by tinman1
The parents 100% killed her then disposed of her body. They gave her too much of the drug they used to put them to bed (I mean who does that anyway?) came back after having left them alone all night (again, who does that?) found her dead and panicked. I mean the mother washed the toy maddy slept with the night she went missing. Dodgy O'Riley.

They make me sick the way they carry on and on and on, you can tell in the mothers eyes shes full of guilt. It's the father who is upholding the whole thing. Everyone knows its them. Just a matter of time before it eventually comes out.

WOW you totally convinced me, i mean you sound like an expert, those police officers who investigated and later cleared her parents obviously should have spoken to you first to get the facts.. i wish they were as clever and analytical as you are.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by ThatPerson
I'm not saying that the McCann's are innocent. But in my opinion I believe they are sincere.

If they are guilty, they are not sincere when they call for an investigation and people to come forward, etc.

I suspect you are unaware that their lawyers (Carter-Ruck), acting on their behalf, have objected to the publication of statements referring to "the fact that the disappearance of Madeleine McCann remains a mystery". They cannot be sincere about calling for an investigation and at the same time tell their lawyers to try to squash such statements.

The witness statements made by the Gaspars are even today suppressed in the UK. I would urge you to read these. You may well be shocked by what they say, and alter your view.

Why else would you spend years campaigning for a british inquiry if you just wanted everyone to forget about it?

Public relations. Who knows what deals they've signed? They certainly haven't paid for everything out of their own salaries. They may think it's very likely that someone's going to break ranks. Also, I don't mean this as part of a witch-hunt argument, but paedophile child-killers don't think the same way as the rest of us. One of the McCanns is on record as asking what was it do with them if their child got upset when they left her on her own.

If someone said about me what the Gaspars have said about Gerry McCann and his friend, I would publicly invite them to repeat the allegations so that I could sue them. I wouldn't support a ban on the press reporting these statements and at the same time call hypocritically for people to come forward. You should consider the possibility that what they're doing may be distraction and the result of very different ethics from most people's.

The media interest has long been double-edged. No unsolved criminal case has ever had this amount of publicity. Media editors know that one day the McCanns may no longer have anywhere to run, any act to come out with, at which point they will throw them to the wolves.

It is also a known fact that the Portuguese police screwed up the investigation big time. I don't mean that the police in Portugal are totally incompetent, but in this case they were, and the head of the first 6 months of the investigation even admitted this.

If they hadn't screwed up the case, the McCanns would have been behind bars in Portugal for years by now.
I know the opinion is out there that the McCann's are responsible(and in someway they are for leaving their children unsupervised), but I don't see why they would continue to campaign, hire private investigators and lobby David Cameron to call for an inquiry if they were guilty.

I urge you to read the witness statements by the Gaspars.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Simplicity
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2134756/Madeleine-McCann-dead-Picture-look-like-aged-9.html?ICO=most_read_module

Seriously, how the hell are we still paying for her to be found. It's been four years she is dead. Yet Police are wasting a ton of resources on this crap.

Also, they have came to the conclusion that she is either dead or alive. What the hell? Seriously, that's a blood tautology. What other conclusion can you come to? She is a zombie. Still doesn't justify spending millions on a girl that is 99% likely be dead.

Also, I still think there parents killed the child.

Forget the circumstances for a minute and think about the most obvious question:

If it were your child that had gone missing, even several years down the line, would you ever stop trying to find out what happened to them?

If the police stopped doing anything would you be happy and content? Would you be able to live the rest of your life or even sleep at night, not knowing what had happened to your child?

Would you not push for the police and everyone else to do as much as possible to find your child?

It doesn't matter what anybody else thinks. They want to find their daughter and they are perfectly entitled to do so. No matter what happened, they and their family deserve closure.

Don't get me wrong, there are many other cases of children going missing that get far less attention and that irks me, but people support them and they have every right to continue trying to find her, alive or not.

None of us were there, so we can't say with any certainty whatsoever happened. Speculation doesn't help anybody.
some people in this thread... are people really this horrible and generally disgusting?
Original post by Bellissima

because i know if i had children and one of them was taken... i would not stop trying and get them back, even if i knew they were dead, even if people complained and thought the worst of me (suggesting they organised it... they have been investigated and fully cleared... this must be one of the hardest things anyone could go through)...

If you were a parent and your child was taken, would you answer questions put to you by police doing their job?
Original post by Tateco
Shows how successful you can be if you campaign enough.

Well, you could argue that the media attention has been detrimental to the cause, because it would make the captor panic, and pass her on if they hadn't already.

Of course, they might have done any way, but this would have made them try and look for someone a lot quicker
There should be an investigation still if people want it, but it shouldn't take up too many resources; the matter of fact, is that it's a lesser priority now.
Original post by original_username
If you were a parent and your child was taken, would you answer questions put to you by police doing their job?

you don't know the details of the case, her reasoning, what has happened since, what happened at the time, her mental state... people just speculate... if there was a serious suspicion of the parents (which there is anyway in cases like these, parents are always investigated) police would investigate it and there would be serious leads.

what do you think they did to her? murder her? sell her? accidently kill her then in the next few minutes instead of being in hysterics, quickly fabricate a clever plan to hide the body/contact dodgy people to get rid of it that was good enough to get around some of the best inspectors? why would they do it?
I know it's been said repeatedly already, but I cannot imagine how **** it is for parents with a missing child and little support to look at all this. Two million pounds spent on finding one child :s-smilie:
Original post by lopterton
I think the parents killed her too. Here's why. (There are other reasons too.)

1) Sniffer dogs detected the smell of a dead human body in the car the parents used.

2) Two witnesses, Katherina Gaspar and Arul Gaspar, made statements to the Portuguese police indicating paedophilia on the part of one of the men who was part of the group who were on holiday. These statements have never been published in the UK. Before Madeleine McCann's disappearance, the man was talking about her in a disgusting paedophile way to her father at a dinner party (and also about his own daughter). Gerry McCann is not reported as having been in the slightest bit upset or disturbed by it. You can find these statements on the internet.

The big question is why the case against the parents was dropped in Portugal, despite the forensic and witness evidence described above. That's two sniffer dogs, and two witnesses. It might not amount to 100% solid proof, but anyone who thinks the parents didn't kill her should acquaint themselves with the above matters.

Can I ask why you believe that they would kill their own daughter? As doctors, you have far more to lose, in terms of job prospects, money etc... especially with the media involvement
Reply 91
Original post by de_monies
Can I ask why you believe that they would kill their own daughter? As doctors, you have far more to lose, in terms of job prospects, money etc... especially with the media involvement

Please read the witness statements by the Gaspars, which are on the internet.

Another thing - their call for an inquiry has been said to be "sincere", at the same time that they are trying to suppress not only comments but also actual witness statements made to the Portuguese police. Another factor that shows their "call" to be anything but sincere is that those who believe they are guilty have also long been calling for an inquiry, and indeed have organised a petition to get one. Their efforts seem not so much aimed at getting an inquiry but at associating the idea of an inquiry with "what her parents have been calling for". They certainly have high-quality media advisers who know all about that stuff. (Search on "Clarence Mitchell").
Original post by Bellissima
you don't know the details of the case, her reasoning, what has happened since, what happened at the time, her mental state... people just speculate... if there was a serious suspicion of the parents (which there is anyway in cases like these, parents are always investigated) police would investigate it and there would be serious leads.

what do you think they did to her? murder her? sell her? accidently kill her then in the next few minutes instead of being in hysterics, quickly fabricate a clever plan to hide the body/contact dodgy people to get rid of it that was good enough to get around some of the best inspectors? why would they do it?

I don't have a clue what happened to her but I have no problem with people speculating about it. Shooting down someone for daring to come to their own conclusion about what they have read isn't a good way to go about it.

The main thing that raises my suspicion as with the police, was the reaction of the dog, the way they were acting (although I know everyone grieves differently).
Original post by original_username
I don't have a clue what happened to her but I have no problem with people speculating about it. Shooting down someone for daring to come to their own conclusion about what they have read isn't a good way to go about it.

The main thing that raises my suspicion as with the police, was the reaction of the dog, the way they were acting (although I know everyone grieves differently).

i'm not shooting anyone down i am sceptical about these people who think it was them though especially as most of them come across quite nasty... and just putting my opinion/asking yours... personally i think leaving it to the police/detectives on the case is the best thing as they will know a lot more than people on here.. if you have serious information/idea that could help the case then send it in to them... there is a lot of venom in the replies on here which is what i mainly disagree with...
they could have spent all that money and pooled their resources into saving many kids that are being trafficked as we type
Reply 95
Wasn't there 'codes' written on the walls within the Apartment premises, indicating if and when the children are alone etc. Wouldn't this rule the parents out anyway?

I admit, the parents did look pretty shady at one point and I even had suspicions but abduction codes were found on the walls which swayed me away.

As for everyone bitching and moaning about the case being re-opened, if the initial investigation had not shifted some leads aside, the case might not have been needed be re-opened and Maddie could of been found dead or alive by now.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Joe911
The guy who orignally investigated the case thinks they killed her. Have a watch of this;
[video="youtube;UxGhlYTNisw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxGhlYTNisw[/video]

that was a really eye opening documentary, i was pretty neutral to the whole case before but i watched all of it (instead of finishing my essays) and i'm convinced.

The most compelling evidence was the dog's detection, the window/door not being forced and only having the mom's fingerprints, the sighting of the dad, the detailed and changed discription of the sighted man by the family friend, and that overlooked woman who saw their car boot open for a consecutive number of days.

Political/media involvement makes me sick, that's probably the main downfall of the outing of the truth.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by hmon93
What kind of parents leave a four year old and two babies unsupervised at night?

This is what I dont understand at all!!!
Reply 98
Original post by flowermaster91
This is what I dont understand at all!!!

Quite frankly, nobody does.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending