Malcolm X, thoughts? Hero or Villain? Please share! Watch

RevolutionIsNear!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Please please please join The Malcolm X society!! ALL are welcome!
Gjaykay
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I completely agree with his cause, and would have done the same thing but terrorists are villains.
Kiss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is this your attempt to advertise the Malcolm X Society?
RevolutionIsNear!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kiss)
Is this your attempt to advertise the Malcolm X Society?
Yep
Kiss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RevolutionIsNear!)
Yep
Then why make a thread with a misleading title? You could have had a discussion about him then advertised it.
dongonaeatu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
what did malcom x stand for
pr0view
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't know much about him apart from his Nation of Islam connections and people seem to bum him out even though he was racist to them. Same with Muhammed Ali.
TheHansa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Pragmatic hero.
Freiheit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hero
RevolutionIsNear!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kiss)
Then why make a thread with a misleading title? You could have had a discussion about him then advertised it.
You act as if I'm asking you for money? I'm not, niether am I asking you for your time. If you want to answer well then thank you and go ahead, if not, then your not obliged to, niether are you obligated to join the group.

Plenty of other threads on TSR
anarchism101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Absolute hero.
fimblesocks
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am in two minds - It is not surprising how he turned out considering the slow pace of the civil rights movement in the 60's and the horrors he endured as a child - However I do not think fighting hate with hate is ever an answer.
fimblesocks
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dongonaeatu)
what did malcom x stand for
The X (originally little) stood for the lost identity of the black slaves. He himself stood for black pride and separation over integration, he also disliked Martin Luther King. In his later life he did consider integration an option after his hajj (pilgrimage to Mecca)
Trailblazer
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A real hero. He was one of the most remarkable political orators of the 20th century. A man who did not depart from principle nor fall short of the morals expected of a civil rights leader.

Ultimately he started of as a radical, but over time he began to change his approach on accept integration.

He spoke out to many Afro-Americans in a way that MLK never achieved. It was so sad that he was murdered.
The Polymath
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RevolutionIsNear!)
Please please please join The Malcolm X society!! ALL are welcome!
I'd recommend the film to anyone who hasn't seen it.
Captain Hindsight
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
MLK > Malcolm X
LiterallyInsane
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Outstanding man, definitely a born leader. I also disagree with all of those who say they dislike people who fight hatred with hatred. I believe that everything he did he had a right to do so and did it in the best manner he possibly could. The America then was disgusting and many parts of that society still is.

The fact that he wanted African Americans to not wait for the white people to over come their hatred and disgust for coloured people unlike Martin Luther King. Rather than wait he wanted them to take what was rightly theirs.
Where as Martin Luther King Who is no doubt being promoted as the Force for the civil rights movement what a joke(I am assuming he is being promoted far more due to him being a Christian and a huge lover of those people who generally dislike black people). When we all know Malcom X stood for something white America disliked a Black man or in the case of America "Negro" who saw the long term goal rather than a quick fix which Martin Luther King was searching for.
.:Gamble:.
Report 7 years ago
In his later years, his complete self. Although I agree with 'some' of what he said in his early days.
RevolutionIsNear!
Rep:
?
He was one of the most influential men in history.

His Autobiography is an absolute must read! Definately my favourite non-fiction piece of literature.

The Malcolm X Society:

www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1936

Join!
Blutooth
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

need I say anymore. Hero.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (214)
52.97%
No (190)
47.03%

Watched Threads