The Student Room Group

A2 Biology Unit 6 ~ 16th May 2012

Poll

How hard was the exam?

Hi everyone.
Hope revising is going well.
Does anyone have any resources / information about 6BI08 Biology Unit 6B:Written Alternative Paper?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No one?? This is really important!
Reply 2
heyyyyyy im doing this one as well and i have no idea...i have been planning to check out the past papers and see what practicals wont be on. but yea, dont have the time yet..

you know i study in Hong Kong and our school doesnt do GCE, im registering as a private candidate. yea, pretty much freaking out :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by kitriviolet
heyyyyyy im doing this one as well and i have no idea...i have been planning to check out the past papers and see what practicals wont be on. but yea, dont have the time yet..

you know i study in Hong Kong and our school doesnt do GCE, im registering as a private candidate. yea, pretty much freaking out :frown:

I have no clue how to study for this. I saw the pastpapers and they're soo hard :/ Dammn

PLEASE!! ANYONE?? ANY NOTES FOR THIS EXAM?
Reply 4
http://www.tes.co.uk/ResourceDetail.aspx?storyCode=6149413

http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/A2-Edexcel-Biology-core-practical-summary-6044925/

there you go, a couple of links that might help..ughhhh im so drying, you know i figured out we have to know the AS core practicals as well.
Reply 5
Woow. Thanks soo much!!
Yeahh. I noe. Grrr -
Reply 6
Did you solve any pastpapers? God its soo hard!!
Reply 7
every time i open one, then close the paper after 2 minutes. ehhh :frown:

the unit 5 isnt much good either..you taking units 4 and 5?

Original post by d_94
Did you solve any pastpapers? God its soo hard!!
Reply 8
Is this the experiment one? I've done all the ISAs
Reply 9
every time i open one, then close the paper after 2 minutes. ehhh :frown:

the unit 5 isnt much good either..you taking units 4 and 5?

Haha, I noe.
Ya. Im taking those units too. Unfortunately!! Ughh. I HATE ITT!! --
Reply 10
Original post by saim101
Is this the experiment one? I've done all the ISAs

Whats ISAs?
i love biology but i hate the way i dont know it :P

oh and those insects in forensic science freak me out. eeeek :s-smilie:

Original post by d_94
Haha, I noe.
Ya. Im taking those units too. Unfortunately!! Ughh. I HATE ITT!! --
Reply 12
Hahaa. Me 2ooo. DamN --
Yeaa. I get disgusted too.
you know its always hard to hit the points on the question..i always answer something totally irrelevant! ugh! :frown:

how was your AS bio?

Original post by d_94
Hahaa. Me 2ooo. DamN --
Yeaa. I get disgusted too.
Reply 14
hey everyone i saw the past papers ! ACTUALLY THE LAYOUT FROM YEAR TO YEAR REMAINS ALMOST SAME !! FOR EG THERES ONE 10 MARK QUESTION AND THEN A QUESTION TO REPRESENT GRAPH THEN A T TEST QUESTION its all very similar so i think we just learn that............apart from that im clueless !!!
Reply 15
http://www.tes.co.uk/ResourceDetail.aspx?storyCode=6149413

http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/A2-Edexcel-Biology-core-practical-summary-6044925/

there you go, a couple of links that might help..ughhhh im so drying, you know i figured out we have to know the AS core practicals as well.

hey can you please send these to me ! i dont wat to make an account on TES
Reply 16
Just had a query here. Could we copy/paste stuff from the marking scheme and paste it on our paper. Like for the last bit in Unit 6, the preliminary work done is always the same so can I always mention "finding out dependant variable", etc?
Reply 17
What do you mean? I don't get it
Reply 18
Aghhh
10 days to go :/
Reply 19
Original post by iesians
hey everyone i saw the past papers ! ACTUALLY THE LAYOUT FROM YEAR TO YEAR REMAINS ALMOST SAME !! FOR EG THERES ONE 10 MARK QUESTION AND THEN A QUESTION TO REPRESENT GRAPH THEN A T TEST QUESTION its all very similar so i think we just learn that............apart from that im clueless !!!

Yaa. I see that there a similar trend for this exam.
The bio-statics are hard :/ and also Q3, where you have to PLAN your investigation in details. Its difficult !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending