The Student Room Group

uni asking for details of course and marking scheme

I've just received an e-mail from aston uni, they ask me for :

"details of your current course -the subjects you are studying in the Swiss High School Certificate and the marking scheme"

I am not sure of what it means, can anyone enlighten me ? Do they want some sort of prospectus or just my grades ? I can send the last semester results, it says which subjects and my grades...
Also sorry if it's silly but I'm not sure either of what they mean by "marking scheme"

thank's for your help !

ps: they said they need this in order to make a definite decision on my application.. It's rather a good sign right ? :redface:
Reply 1
I think that they mean with marking scheme some explanation how your marks are compared to other marks... Say an A in A-level is the highest and a F the lowest grade. I don't think they understand how to value your marks. But I could be wrong.
Reply 2

Should I ask my school to make an official document that explains it then ?
Reply 3
British exam boards have most of theirs on the internet but I think you should get your school to help you on this one. They will have much more idea of what the uni is after.
Reply 4
Phone the uni to clarify. They won't mind, and I'm sure you'd rather know you'd got it right than be worrying in case they wanted something else.

Latest

Trending

Trending