The Student Room Group

Suicide

3 of my main freinds have all at one point tried to commit scuicide and it aint nice at all,

It hurts the people arround them more than they realize.
But in some cases it is juat people who are attention seeking ( wat i found out and nearly killed the guy myself !!!), he was purposfully trying to make people worry about him to get attention, like he said on msn, goodbye forevor and left, the next day he aint in skool and i am worried so i fone him and he acts all normal, he was bunking -.- .
But one of the others actually went to hospital and nearly died from it.

What do you guys think on the topic cos it destroys me when a freind is like that.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yOUR_dESTINY
3 of my main freinds have all at one point tried to commit scuicide and it aint nice at all,

But in some cases it is juat people who are attention seeking ( wat i found out and nearly killed the guy myself !!!), he was purposfully trying to make people worry about him to get attention, like he said on msn, goodbye forevor and left, the next day he aint in skool and i am worried so i fone him and he acts all normal, he was bunking -.- .

What do you guys think on the topic cos it destroys me when a freind is like that.

there was a really good thread on this a way back. search it out, it will settle some of your moral dillemas.. or raise some.
Reply 2
Thanks,

i am new here and did not know
Reply 3
yOUR_dESTINY

I think you should change your circle of friends. Not much fun hanging out with a bunch of miseries is it?
Reply 4
Yeah, i could do
but it aint that easy cos i have done that before and it resulted in a giant war and basicially he got loads of people to dislike me cos of his scuicidal sob-story.
Is this like dyslexic suicides?

Sorry that was crude but I know what it feels like, being alone depressed etc. etc.
Everybody goes through it just in different stages, the fact they "tried" to kill themselves doesn't mean they want to, if someone wants to kill themself they WILL do it.

I swear to god it will be fine
I am and I'm still here to say it
And as for people saying "Goodbye" on MSN it's bull, I've had about 10 friends do that. I even made an ambulance go to their house and found them sitting on the couch drinking beer and watching telly...served him right for bullshitting got his stomach pumped hahaha.
Look after yourself before you look after other people remember it's only attention usually
Reply 7
Yeah but you cant assume that it is for attention seeking unless you really know or it might push them, but i found out it was for attention when he made a teacher cry about his sob story and then bragged about it, and also he pretended to faint in class, but the other 2 were real and 1 went to hospital,

you cant make accusations that they are attention seeking unless you really know,
Reply 8
yOUR_dESTINY
Yeah, i could do
but it aint that easy cos i have done that before and it resulted in a giant war and basicially he got loads of people to dislike me cos of his scuicidal sob-story.

No much of a friend anyway then is he?
Reply 9
That was after i broke up wiv im and he was really mad so he started gettin people against me and telling people i said things that i diddnt so i dont want to go thru all of that again
Reply 10
yOUR_dESTINY
That was after i broke up wiv im and he was really mad so he started gettin people against me and telling people i said things that i diddnt so i dont want to go thru all of that again

Your decision.
Reply 11
if someone tells you they are going to kill themselves its very unlikely they will carry it out!
telling sombody is a cry for help or an attention seeking game!

at least they are jsut saying there going to kill themselves! its the ones who succeed that screw you up!
Reply 12
Yeah i know,
the attention seeking 1 kept telling me and reminding me, while the 2 that were serious i got it out of cos i could just tell that something was up so i had a walk wiv each 1 of them and 1 i slightly helped and the other i couldnt
Reply 13
i stick to my view that suicide is running away i cannot have sympathy for those who run away from problems!!

i will never forgive the friends i have lost to suicide, cos they get the easy way out and leave everyone else to clear up the shit! everyone gets rough times but the strong people get through them!
Reply 14
ruthie
i stick to my view that suicide is running away i cannot have sympathy for those who run away from problems!!

i will never forgive the friends i have lost to suicide, cos they get the easy way out and leave everyone else to clear up the shit! everyone gets rough times but the strong people get through them!

People that commit suicide or have suicidal tendencies are life's losers.

In life, you are often only as good as those around you. Hang out with happy, hard working people, and you are likely to be one. Hang out with lazy, miserable people and you're likely to be one of them too.

Hang out with losers and you'll soon join them. That is why I have always given a very wide berth to anybody who is the "suicidal type"
Reply 15
Howard
People that commit suicide or have suicidal tendencies are life's losers.

In life, you are often only as good as those around you. Hang out with happy, hard working people, and you are likely to be one. Hang out with lazy, miserable people and you're likely to be one of them too.

Hang out with losers and you'll soon join them. That is why I have always given a very wide berth to anybody who is the "suicidal type"

thats not always true, people are always different!

i knwo people who hang around with really happy hard working people yet are really unhappy!
They are not necesarily losers!, and you cant just identify the "suicidal type" in fact the "suicidal type" that you identify are probably the people least likely to kill them selves.

my friend stuart came across as being happy, was good at all his subjects got good grades seemed to have a really strong base of good friends (questionable now) but he found he couldnt keep up with expectations and the hard time he got at home and he topped himself! i will never forgive him but i would never have identified him as a loser or a "suicidal type" so you want to be careful with your stereotypes
ruthie

I agree with you there, suicide is just a selfish option imo
yOUR_dESTINY

My eldest brother killed himself 4 years ago and I can heartily UN-recommend it!

A short while before that, someone who was out for attention went to the top of our flats, climbed up on the railings....and slipped. She only wanted a buzz and ended up dead.
Reply 18
My sister self-harms and has suicidal tendencies. It's just attention seeking and is very lame. Suicide is stupid in my opinion. :smile:
Gimp
My sister self-harms and has suicidal tendencies. It's just attention seeking and is very lame. Suicide is stupid in my opinion. :smile:

It may not be attention seeking. You never know. My bro had suicidal tendancies since his teens, he was NOT out for attention and finally did kill himself.

You're right though, it IS stupid.

Latest

Trending

Trending