This discussion is closed.
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by yOUR_dESTINY)
I would never commit scuicide because i know that it would hurt the people around me, i have considered running away but i would still let people know that i am ok. I think that people who commit scuicide are selfish. I wouldnt say they are weaker and more vunerable
committing suicide means that you were too weak to resolve any problems or afflictions in this life - in ur next life you will inevitably start at the same position - until u resolve that problem and grow stronger and improve ur soul
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I really can't stand this selfishness line of opinion. In a situation where there are two options and two parties, where each option results in the suffering of a party, someone has to be 'selfish'. Therefore if a friend or a relative of someone prevents them from commiting suicide, they are being selfish, just as if someone commits suicide they (the commiter) are being selfish. Selfishness is unavoidable either way, so there isn't much of an argument.

Even more absurd is the thought that someone doesn't have the right commit suicide. So people don't have the right to decide what they do with their lives? Who does then? Friends? Family? If I want to be a lawyer but my dad wants me to be a doctor, who has the right to decide then? Am I being selfish by becoming a lawyer, because it's the same argument many have followed. Suicide is therefore the ultimate liberty a person has.
rIcHrD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
I really can't stand this selfishness line of opinion. In a situation where there are two options and two parties, where each option results in the suffering of a party, someone has to be 'selfish'. Therefore if a friend or a relative of someone prevents them from commiting suicide, they are being selfish, just as if someone commits suicide they (the commiter) are being selfish. Selfishness is unavoidable either way, so there isn't much of an argument.

Even more absurd is the thought that someone doesn't have the right commit suicide. So people don't have the right to decide what they do with their lives? Who does then? Friends? Family? If I want to be a lawyer but my dad wants me to be a doctor, who has the right to decide then? Am I being selfish by becoming a lawyer, because it's the same argument many have followed. Suicide is therefore the ultimate liberty a person has.
LOL - the issue here I think is people er try and fit people into frameworks they understand. The suicidal person is 'bad and selfish'. It saves them having to ever consider why the person is suicidal. I guess it's some defence mechanism of some sort - kind of like the way people tend to form an impression that a criminal is inherently bad, without considering what may have led to it.
snow_white
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by yOUR_dESTINY)
3 of my main freinds have all at one point tried to commit scuicide and it aint nice at all,

It hurts the people arround them more than they realize.
But in some cases it is juat people who are attention seeking ( wat i found out and nearly killed the guy myself !!!), he was purposfully trying to make people worry about him to get attention, like he said on msn, goodbye forevor and left, the next day he aint in skool and i am worried so i fone him and he acts all normal, he was bunking -.- .
But one of the others actually went to hospital and nearly died from it.

What do you guys think on the topic cos it destroys me when a freind is like that.
i too know how painful it can be to see people like this. i've had depression for years and of course i tryed many times to take my life. but i was never one of those people who do it for kicks or to seek out attention, when i tryed to kill myself i did it with every intention of not wanting to live and hoping to be successful. i haven't tryed in a long time, and in a way i feel safer knowing i can hack it this long and with all the **** that's just happened to me and still not even cut myself. i do still cut myself but again not for attention it's just a way to release the pain. i know that people around me generally have no idea i'm like this and i do a good job to hide it, but those few friends that know do worry about me from time to time and i'm sure it's hard on them, they take some of my burden, which obviously isn't fair.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (196)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
49.57%
I still don't know (100)
17.04%

Watched Threads