The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Lepr
I am almost certain that the majority of 18 year olds who are virgins have been forced into such a position, rather than chosen it voluntarily.

so majority of people are raped? every decision made is voluntary
Reply 61
MyNameIsNeo
You should listen to Lepr apparently he is more intelligent than anyone on this forum.

You are either stupid or naive.

Option 1, Stupid: You are unable to read what my posts say.

Option 2, Naive: You believe grades equate to intelligence.
Reply 62
TheWolf
so majority of people are raped? every decision made is voluntary

You have misunderstood what I've said; I will rephrase to make up for what I think is pedantry on your part.

Those who are virgins at 18 I believe are so for 2 main reasons.

a) They have made a conscious lifestyle choice to not seek sex (e.g. religious reasons); crucially, they could obtain sex by legal means but choose not to.

b) They wish to have sex through legal means but are unable to (at least, without sacrificing their standards).

I believe the majority of 18 year olds who are virgins fall into category b.
Reply 63
I dont think it matters either way....its the inda thing your never going to get true answers from people lie!!!
Reply 64
I don't like the guy, but he has a point. Even if not everyone who is a virgin at 18 is a completely repulsive reclusive freak, not all of these people are virgins through deliberate choice. And I don't mean the whole "waiting for the right guy/girl to come along" bullshit - I mean maybe they just haven't had the chance in a situation where they would want to lose it.
Reply 65
I recently found out that Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe in Friends) waited until she was married til she lost her virginity - she got married during the 2nd series of Friends (about 1995 I think.) So it just goes to show that none of it really matters.

Just to join in, I won't be going to uni a virgin. But I'd still be the same person even if I was.
Reply 66
you think nobody will care but then recently we discovered that a few of our housemates were virgins and it really surprised us. I've never met so many virgins in one place (well obviously i have when i was younger and everybody was...but yknow what i mean)....but then again i went from a Liverpool Comp to Durham which is full of single sex boarding school people and hardcore christians!!!

I respect ppl wanting to wait, but i can't stand when they make an issue of it to look different, just like a can't stand when ppl make an issue of how many ppl they have slept with to look cool!!!
Reply 67
wow this is a hilarious thread....nice one to the person who started it!
to be honest i didn't really think much of it until i read this! ive had a somewhat complicated relationship u cud say for about a year now, so i havnt done IT, but don't know might do by uni, either way im not that bothered, like someone said, its not plastered across ur forehead, and to be fair, why shud we reely give a damn ?! everyones different!

Latest

Trending

Trending