Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I need to show evidence for these skills to unis as I wanna apply for medicine.

But I need some ideas as to how I can show these skills / develop these skills for my UCAS form.

The normal route of sport is out for teamwork, cos I'm crap at any sport, and I can't really get into any school teams or such like, I'm afraid.

I do not think I can get into debating in my school, as they are quite full this year, filled with English Lit boffins and all the drama productions have gone and been done, so I dunno how I can demonstrate communciation!

The only thing for teamwork I am involved in would be DofE and Crest Gold Award... though I would like some other stuff too...

Soooo, err, any ideas for how I can demonstrate these two skills without resorting to sport or debating?

I'm really quite concerned and am in a bit of a bind as to how to get examples to demonstrate these skills!!
    Any tips / suggestions, preferably out of school would be much appreciated!!!!
    Cheers!

Many thanks

Buzzie

ReputationRep:
    Mention any jobs you've had in the past/ have now and how they relate to teamwork and communication. DofE if you do it. Also, you could do some volenteer work, that would definately look impressive.

ReputationRep:
    Done jobs and do voluntary work every week.
    Looking for some more extras, thanks for the tips anytway

ReputationRep:
    what are you doing for DofE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    what are you doing for DofE?
    Prolly running for Physical; Old Folks home for Service; Skill = Amateur Astronomy.

ReputationRep:
    Bumpity bump

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't seem like you need all that much more really, if you can talk about your job, D of E and volentary work.

ReputationRep:
    you could get involved in a charity- and do fundraising- this will mean you have to work as part of a TEAM to organise it and perhaps you could lead the team and so orgainse meetings etc in which you would have to COMMUNICATE. i know loads of charities need help with fundraising such as NSPCC, childline, places like that.

However, D of E is probably good enough- just do anything you can- like volunteering to help younger students with their reading, stuff like that...

Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    you could get involved in a charity- and do fundraising- this will mean you have to work as part of a TEAM to organise it and perhaps you could lead the team and so orgainse meetings etc in which you would have to COMMUNICATE. i know loads of charities need help with fundraising such as NSPCC, childline, places like that.

However, D of E is probably good enough- just do anything you can- like volunteering to help younger students with their reading, stuff like that...

Good luck!!
    Millenium Volunteers Award - Thats good.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Buzfvar)
    Old Folks home for Service
    Do you communicate with the old folks, the people you're working with, the boss's, the visitors, the public?

Do you work with others in a team either there or in another club/group...doesn't have to be a sporty group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Millenium Volunteers Award - Thats good.

http://www.millenium-volunteers.org
    What is millenium volenteers about? - how does it differ from normal volenteering?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Young Enterprise. If that doesn't teach me about communication and team work then nothing will!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Do you communicate with the old folks, the people you're working with, the boss's, the visitors, the public?

Do you work with others in a team either there or in another club/group...doesn't have to be a sporty group.
    Yeah, I communciate with the old folks. I even did some free work at a pharmacy for a week to communciate with shoppers and develop responsibility....
    DofE is the only real teamwork thing.... Hhhmm...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.