Want more information about this university?
This discussion is closed.
benjammin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
and if u think its a **** hole then all i wud say is come and see for yourself. It does have rough parts but so does every big city. i live near birmingham and i think i am going to choose brum over nottingham because of what ive heard about nottingham being a dump and rough, with high crime etc, although v nice campus
princess-renamed
Report 16 years ago
haha! were not discussing lse u div, this posts is about BIRMINGHAM GET IT INTO UR HEAD
princess-renamed
Report 16 years ago
OOPS! my last post was ment for GNOSTIC
WilliamFoster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by benjammin)
and if u think its a **** hole then all i wud say is come and see for yourself. It does have rough parts but so does every big city. i live near birmingham and i think i am going to choose brum over nottingham because of what ive heard about nottingham being a dump and rough, with high crime etc, although v nice campus
BULLSHI*,lol.
Are you applying for econ?
London has places like brixton and hackney, that doesn't mean i'd reject a place at the lse, what a fool.
If you actually got an offer and are rejecting it then you are a fool.
The campus at notts is great and it is full of high achieving students, whereas brum has some high achievers but also many low achievers. Common, just look at their average a-level score compared to the likes of notts and warwick.
YouKnewThat!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by llama boy)
Not least because it's in Birmingham.

Fairly insurmountable logistical problems there, I would think.

Perhaps they could rename themselves BSE, though?

Hmm...maybe not...

Birmingham's a great place. The amount of time you lot spend going on about 'generalisation' and you say that Birmingham's a shithole? It's cleaner than London!
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by YouKnewThat!)
Birmingham's a great place. The amount of time you lot spend going on about 'generalisation' and you say that Birmingham's a shithole?
Where did I say that?

All I said was it might be a problem for an institution based in Birmingham to be called London Anything.
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by YouKnewThat!)
Birmingham's a great place. The amount of time you lot spend going on about 'generalisation' and you say that Birmingham's a shithole? It's cleaner than London!
You shouldnt judge the uni on its surroundings. You wont even have to venture into the grim area of birm at first!`the campus has its own station so the city and bullring are just 10mins away.
YouKnewThat!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by llama boy)
Where did I say that?

All I said was it might be a problem for an institution based in Birmingham to be called London Anything.
I meant to quote somewhere from earlier on!
Lupin Loopy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by WilliamFoster)
The campus at notts is great and it is full of high achieving students, whereas brum has some high achievers but also many low achievers. Common, just look at their average a-level score compared to the likes of notts and warwick.
why should everything be based on "average a-level scores" - that means nothing, other than the snobbery of the university.

You must remember, people shouldn't be judged only on how they can perform in a few hours examinations - we have alot more to give than that. Lower entry grades mean the uni is becoming accessable for more individuals.

Besides, the av. entry grades are not that low - 23.7 = about BBB
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lupin Loopy)
why should everything be based on "average a-level scores" - that means nothing, other than the snobbery of the university.

You must remember, people shouldn't be judged only on how they can perform in a few hours examinations - we have alot more to give than that. Lower entry grades mean the uni is becoming accessable for more individuals.

Besides, the av. entry grades are not that low - 23.7 = about BBB
Average alevel scores dont really say alot about individual departments, its just a big cover up. If thats what puts them higher in league tables they are only gonna recruit more able candidates who are more likely to have had private education.

Its unfair that nottingham uni for law and language says in the prospectus ave offer AAB- ABB so peolple predicted this grade see hope and apply. Only to find out due to nottinghams over subscription only the AAA candidates were invited for the test. Surely thats like false advertising, eventho the ave offer is low, shouldnt they put down in the prospectus the benchmark grade for consideration....?
Saphion
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ruthiepoothie)
and me- yay!!!!

everyone put their name here who is going to bham- we can start a 'we are going to birmingham' club!!

(maybe i need to go and take my medicene, i seem to be getting very excited over this....<waddles off to get medicine..>)

Hey, I'm going there this Sept for Medicine!!...IF I fulfilled the condition.
Is there anyone here with a Med offer?
swatfa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
when its opinions of birmingham, 4 topics are available and started by diff pple within relatively the same time and they all get LOTS of replies. When its one topic opened by me about brunel, no-one replies nm, just to go a lil off topic, what do pple 'honestly' think of Brunel university, if i got a 1st class honours from them in Computer science then even did a masters would i bee higlhly employable/nice salary?
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by swatfa)
when its opinions of birmingham, 4 topics are available and started by diff pple within relatively the same time and they all get LOTS of replies. When its one topic opened by me about brunel, no-one replies nm, just to go a lil off topic, what do pple 'honestly' think of Brunel university, if i got a 1st class honours from them in Computer science then even did a masters would i bee higlhly employable/nice salary?
Obviously Birm is more popular on here than Brunel. People would reply if they did have an opinion, im sure its not to piss you off!! To talk about Birm is a welcome change fo rmost people cus Durham, UCL, KCL etc tend to dominate this forum!!
Funky Phantom
Report 16 years ago
Im going to have a look round Birmingham this Wednesday as ive got an offer for History there.

I admit i havent been that taken by the city in the past, but i havent really seen it properly, ive only ever passed through so i want to give it a chance

The course looked good and provided the place and people are nice, i'll most likely be going there in September
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
im going to birmingham in september to study psychology..
i can't wait!!!
nofronting
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I should be studying computer science/software engineering at birmingham.
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gnostic)
Well, it's not the LSE.
And it's not the LSE, let's not forget that.
Well, it's not the LSE, is it?
Ever the innovator, eh?
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by nofronting)
I should be studying computer science/software engineering at birmingham.
Please stop dragging up old threads.
nofronting
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
Please stop dragging up old threads.
What? Not everyone has been on the forum as long as you - this topic is new stuff to me. I was going to post exactly the same thread but i decided to check if one already existed. Atleast i didnt duplicate the thread like most people would.

Please stop whining.
Sami_ThePeelite
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
wwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

im off to Birmingham also for English + History
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (144)
24.53%
Better than expected (129)
21.98%
Worse than expected (314)
53.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed