How dangerous is Hackney?

Watch
BusyBee91
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
My boyfriend is staying overnight in Hackney after attending a gig. I'm really worried about him as I've heard Hackney is a very dangerous place. Is it rational I am worrying about this, is it really as bad as people say? I'm so worried about him but I know I can't stop him
Architecture-er
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well it's not Syria..

Most of these places are only dangerous to those who dabble in the edgy side of social life there (at least in the short-term, obviously chances of an 'incident' will increase over time for ordinary citizens) - staying one night is no more dangerous than staying a night anywhere else, imo.
like a boss
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
As soon as you go past the 'welcome to hackney' sign, you get stabbed within three seconds.
PatrickD
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Professor Green)
Welcome to Hackney, a place where I think somebody's been playing Jumanji.
A Manor where man are like animals, an' they'll yam on you like they yam on food.
Cats with claws that'll stab a yout', act bad an' catch a slap or two.
We don't applaud success, all we clap are tools.
London aint cool to cruise through where the hunters pray, Looking lunch today, and your chains looking like fresh fruit to a hungry ape.
They'll eat on you, then laugh about it like Hyenas do, so stick to breezing through, like cheeta's do or be a piece of food...
edithpiaf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I lived in Hackney for 3 years whilst studying at university and had absolutely no problems living there. It has some slightly dodgy areas but this is true for a lot of areas of London, the UK and most countries in general. It is actually a pretty up and coming place, very popular with creatives and arty types and also getting a fair bit of refurb because of the London 2012 Olympics. I would have no worries about him staying in Hackney. Just like anywhere else he has to be sensible!
kaylafrances
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
lol don't be stupid
people like you really make me laugh get a grip
multiplexing-gamer
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
Professor Green 'grew up in Hackney and got shanked in the neck'.. :dontknow:
R4INBOW
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Rofl I live in Hackney and have so for my entire life. I can assure you hun, he's not going to get stabbed as soon as he's 2 meters into the borough. Honestly, are you incapable of thinking rationally? One night in the "ghetto" (and I use this term loosely), is not going to hurt him. Im so tired of people like you thinking poorer areas are filled with savages that senselessly kill all those that happen to be unfortunate enough to wonder into their territory. Grow the **** up ok?

/rant
Alexandra's Box
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think that you are worrying just a little too much
SleepySheep
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BusyBee91)
My boyfriend is staying overnight in Hackney after attending a gig. I'm really worried about him as I've heard Hackney is a very dangerous place. Is it rational I am worrying about this, is it really as bad as people say? I'm so worried about him but I know I can't stop him
Hahahahahhaha *ahem*

Nope, still not done, hahahahahahahaha. Oh my ****ing God, that is one of the most stupid posts I've ever read in my life. Hahahahahahaha. Silly girl, be thankful you've never had to live in a so-called 'dangerous place'. I lived in Hackney when I was seven and I managed okay, your boyfriend will be fine. Middle class problems, jheez.
cosmobear92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ring him and tell him with outpouring emotion how much you love him and how much he means to you. This wil be your last conversation.

:rolleyes:
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Isn't that where the Kray twins were ?
mcs31
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The Vatican has a higher crime rate than Hackney. Just sayin'
TheSownRose
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think people should stop being so unkind to the OP.

You may not get stabbed the minute you step into Hackney, but it's not the safest part of the country and common activities that wouldn't be a problem elsewhere can get you into trouble. She's not a moron for being concerned.
Formerly Helpful_C
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by R4INBOW)
Rofl I live in Hackney and have so for my entire life. I can assure you hun, he's not going to get stabbed as soon as he's 2 meters into the borough. Honestly, are you incapable of thinking rationally? One night in the "ghetto" (and I use this term loosely), is not going to hurt him. Im so tired of people like you thinking poorer areas are filled with savages that senselessly kill all those that happen to be unfortunate enough to wonder into their territory. Grow the **** up ok?

/rant
The very fact that you've taken this much offence shows the potential danger that exists in the area. Most people would explain rationally, not emotionally.
Kylewalker346234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm afraid it's too late. He's in a better place now.
R4INBOW
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Formerly Helpful_C)
The very fact that you've taken this much offence shows the potential danger that exists in the area. Most people would explain rationally, not emotionally.
I've seen you on other threads and your infamous for just generally being a nuisance-in my eyes anyway. As soon as I saw it was you who quoted me I couldn't help but sigh :rolleyes: It should have been clear from "/rant" that my response would contain some emotional elements. Am I not allowed to feel annoyed when is see ignorant OPs? And how does my rant contribute to my ability to think rationally? And the final question: Wouldn't the very fact that I've taken offence mean just the opposite? That I know that hackney's not some jungle filled with danger at every corner? Care to expand on your psuedo-intellectual retort?
Tsunami2011
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
#firstworldproblems #middleclasssuburbianproblems :facepalm2:
Peggles_*
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Your boyfriend may not make it back i'm afraid, Hackney is the London equivalent of Homs.

:giggle:

OP.......you are ridiculous!!
Iron Lady
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's very dangerous. A fairly revolting area.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (665)
33.55%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (844)
42.58%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (384)
19.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.49%

Watched Threads