The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArsLongaVitaBrevis
I'm thinking of getting this account banned and starting a new one - this one's pretty easily identifiable. If I do that, how does just Arva sound as a new username? It seems fitting since that's what I get called anyway.

I don't want to lose those 4 green rep gems though...

Haha it's so tempting just to steal that username now before you can get it! Don't worry I won't :smile:
Original post by wcp100
You're far more intelligent that most!

Now you know what it's like being me on this thread!

Edit: I didn't write know instead of now. :ninja:

What, only being able to solve STEP III questions? Must be so demoralising :tongue:

But, yes, I know that "how the **** do they do it" feel :moon:
Reply 4042
Original post by wcp100
I don't know what that is :emo: :emo: :emo:. I wish I was good at maths. So by extension I don't think it is on the spec. ML might know though.

Original post by Maths_Lover
I am terribly sorry but I have not heard of that... I'm a mechanics noob compared to you guys. :sigh:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Thanks anyway guys :smile: I'll have a look in the books to see if I can find it or I'll have to find another source of information :tongue:

Exams over for you yet? :h:
Reply 4043
Original post by chickenonsteroids
Have some green. It's on the house.

Thanks, but I wasn't really complaining. :tongue: I don't mind but it's weird that people always go on the attack whenever someone says that in their opinion an exam wasn't as difficult as certain others are making it out to be.
I'm thinking of getting this account banned and starting a new one - this one's pretty easily identifiable. If I do that, how does just Arva sound as a new username? It seems fitting since that's what I get called anyway.

Can you change your username (or ask for a name change)?

I'm not too familiar with TSR but I know most forums really dislike users creating multiple accounts
Original post by und
Thanks, but I wasn't really complaining. :tongue: I don't mind but it's weird that people always go on the attack whenever someone says that in their opinion an exam wasn't as difficult as certain others are making it out to be.

One from me as well. I've been negged for saying the same things - it's so stupid.
Reply 4046

ARVA! How are you? :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by Llewellyn
Can you change your username (or ask for a name change)?

I'm not too familiar with TSR but I know most forums really dislike users creating multiple accounts

You can only request a name change in exceptional circumstances and if you're a member. The FAQ page recommends asking for a permanent ban and starting a new account.
Original post by ElMoro
ARVA! How are you? :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm getting by thanks. How about you 'Moro? It's been a while. Exams going well?
Reply 4049
You can only request a name change in exceptional circumstances and if you're a member. The FAQ page recommends asking for a permanent ban and starting a new account.

Who are you afraid of being identified by on this account? If you delete it that won't get rid of your old posts, so somebody who identified your account could still potentially find them.
Reply 4050
What, only being able to solve STEP III questions? Must be so demoralising :tongue:

But, yes, I know that "how the **** do they do it" feel :moon:

Solving STEP II is more of an achievement and I can only get a 2 on a paper for STEP II and III :emo:

It's like the BMO problems. I just sit there wondering "what made them do that?"
Reply 4051
I don't do Edexcel, but I would be very surprised if that came up. Seems like something you'd do in 1st year Undergrad (at least!)

The safe thing to do would be to go over it just in case of course.

Oh, I don't do edexcel either. It comes up in OCR M3 but I mix&match chapters from the edexcel books because I prefer them :tongue:

Hi, btw. I don't think we've met before :smile:
Original post by und
I love how I've got 6 negative reps today so far for disagreeing with some people about the difficulty of an exam! :biggrin:

:rolleyes: People do get so worked up about that stuff. Truth is, difficulty rarely changes much (if at all); and if it does change, there will be a reason for it.
Original post by und
Who are you afraid of being identified by on this account? If you delete it that won't get rid of your old posts, so somebody who identified your account could still potentially find them.

I'm not particularly afraid of it, it just makes me slightly uncomfortable. Posts from blocked users can't be searched, so someone would have to be scouring old threads (many of which have been moved to chat) to find my posts.
Reply 4054
Original post by wcp100
Solving STEP II is more of an achievement and I can only get a 2 on a paper for STEP II and III :emo:

It's like the BMO problems. I just sit there wondering "what made them do that?"

You're in year 12 and you can only get a 2 in STEP II?! What a disgrace! I think you have a lot of catching up to do between now and next June, when a lot of people sitting on offers from Cambridge, taking STEP, won't be able to achieve a 2. :rolleyes:
Original post by Imposition
I think illusion said you get one. Just start a new thread in the supermod forum saying that you want to change your name as you are too identifiable. Unless of course, you want a new account because your current one easily gives you away. I don't think a name change can change that.

Thanks, it's partially posts that I've made too. I think I'll make a new one, but I can't quite decide yet.
Original post by ElMoro
Oh, I don't do edexcel either. It comes up in OCR M3 but I mix&match chapters from the edexcel books because I prefer them :tongue:

Hi, btw. I don't think we've met before :smile:
You're doing M3 this summer? So that's another math maniac :rolleyes:

I'm actually suspicious, are you in year 11 now?

Hi :woo: Yes, I'm quite "new", I prefer TSR to Nrich - where I was constantly being barraged with questions. I also find TSR is great for all it's uni advice/ articles, so being on here makes me feel more comfortable and stuff :cute:
Original post by wcp100

You do know that most A level candidates would get about 3/120 on a STEP I paper.

I can appreciate BMO solutions, and sometimes I can come up with a few nifty methods, but I can't imagine being able to find the olympiad easy, that is just "another level" as I said.
Reply 4058
Original post by und
You're in year 12 and you can only get a 2 in STEP II?! What a disgrace! I think you have a lot of catching up to do between now and next June, when a lot of people sitting on offers from Cambridge, taking STEP, won't be able to achieve a 2. :rolleyes:

I bet they can do BMO problems though :nothing:
(edited 11 years ago)

Ah, okay I guess you're right then.

I don't think it would take very long to get +3 (I think that is 100?) especially as you're a considerate and kind user.

Internet recognition is what you make of it... I feel comfortable sharing most things on the internet, but I think I draw the line before pictures and personal details. I don't like Facebook for similar reasons, as it oversteps that slightly, but then I need to have an account because it's so damn useful (everyone I know has a Fb account).

Latest