mouse problems in old game

Watch
RyanT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
As per title.

Gangsters: organized crime played on windows xp with windows 98 compatability mode switched on.

The mouse works fine on the menu screens, but once I set up the options to start a game and it initalises the engine the mouse goes to ****s. It's a USB logitech mouse (G500) with setpoint. I've turned setpoint on/off doesn't seem to be affecting it neither does changing sensitivity on the mouse itself.

The problem is that the mouse moves really slow over the screen, often doesnt register movements and jumps a bit.

Does anyone have any suggestions I can experiment with to see if it works please?

Bit sad as this was the best game of my childhood. Although I'm trying to get knights and merchants installed too which was second best
Dalimyr
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have the same sorts of jittery, unresponsive mouse movement issues with my RAT9 and an old snooker/pool game called CueClub. Try reading https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...5365-RXBN-5508 and see if the advice in that helps - it didn't completely eradicate the problem for me, but it did enough to make the game playable without being much more frustrating than it normally is :p: Gangsters is a bloody amazing game and it'd be a shame if a new mouse is preventing you from playing or enjoying the game :sadnod:
RyanT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Thanks

I followed the stream instructions and it fixed the mouse but gave me a colour problem (looked like someone had used paint spray all over the screen despite compat mode), however I found a quick fix.

This is the REAL solution.

Open Notepad.

Type the following:

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
start /w Gangsters.exe
start explorer.exe

Then click Save As.

Do not save as ".txt" ~ Instead, choose "All files" and save as "Fix.bat" and save it in your My Documents. Then Copy the file into the Hothouse>Gangsters location where the Gangsters.exe file is located.

It works Great, thanks

(Original post by Dalimyr)
Gangsters is a bloody amazing game and it'd be a shame if a new mouse is preventing you from playing or enjoying the game :sadnod:
Yes It really does have the best art (those $5000 cars :O ) or music I've ever come across
patchmeifyoucan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This worked for me (Win10):https://github.com/elishacloud/dxwra...rganized-Crime
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (75)
21.55%
No (273)
78.45%

Watched Threads