This discussion is closed.
bOdOING2
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
This is a question from a person I know:
When ur filling in ur UCAS form... do u have to indicate that you have done 1/2 courses gcses?? Cos he got A*s at RE and Welsh 1/2 courses. And counting the 1/2 courses he would have 12 A*s, but it would be 11 if u count it proberly. (i.e. 2 1/2 courses)

Also do unis jus look at the number of subjects u done (i.e. jus counting the 1/2 courses as full courses) or do they recalculate the number of gcses so they get the right number out? (i.e some 1 with 10 A*s for 10 1/2 courses would only be equal to some 1 with 5 A*s but with 5 full gcses??)

(soz, ive got a headache...so hope this post dosnt sound muddled)
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yep, you do indicate on your UCAS form whether or not you've done short course GCSEs (i.e. 1/2 a GCSE). So yeah, in theory, an applicant with 10A*s in short course GCSEs would really only be considered to have 5A*s. The universities definitely don't count short courses as full GCSEs.
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes state on the UCAS form the short courses but don't fret too much over the matter.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (2)
4.88%
Confident (6)
14.63%
Indifferent (2)
4.88%
Unsure (8)
19.51%
Worried (23)
56.1%

Watched Threads