The Student Room Group

Sports direct, q & a

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Afua93
Got the job! Had the interview on Friday and I just got the email.
The role I applied for says casual staff so probably just here and there right?
I had applied to so many jobs that all of them are getting back to me now :L

It is up to you, but if I may offer a suggestion. If any of the other jobs are willing to give you employment, accept it. Anything is better than Sports Direct. The way you are treated is absolutely shocking.
Original post by King Kebab
It is up to you, but if I may offer a suggestion. If any of the other jobs are willing to give you employment, accept it. Anything is better than Sports Direct. The way you are treated is absolutely shocking.

I agree! This is part of the reason why I'm looking for a new job and wanting to leave. My mum kinda had a go at a go at me the other day saying that I'm not happy with anything blah, blah, blah just because I told her I hate working at SD :/ but I was like well try working there then you'll see why I want to leave!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
I work at sports direct but I've only just started and I was wondering how do I get an employee discount? I really need some new shoes for work ASAP!! Please could someone help? X
Original post by Aims97
I work at sports direct but I've only just started and I was wondering how do I get an employee discount? I really need some new shoes for work ASAP!! Please could someone help? X

At the store I'm at, we use our discount on a Thursday. You just go to the tills and then they'll give you a discount :smile:, it's a 15% discount in case you didn't know :smile:!
Hiya,
My name Is Shaheen haleem and I am also 16 years old I would like a job at sports direct ive got an interview but I don't know how to reply to my Interview and I'm very nervous also do not know what to say about the bag so therefore need advice please
Thanks <email removed by mod. Please use PM>
Reply 45
Hi i just got an email saying ive got an interview next week any help on what they might ask ??? Thanks
Original post by yazmin96
Hi i just got an email saying ive got an interview next week any help on what they might ask ??? Thanks

The usual standard interview questions like 'why do you want to work for us?' 'What do you know about our company?' :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by CaitlinDocherty4
I had an interview at Sports Direct today, after reading horrendous stories on The Student Room and other websites about it, I was a bit dubious about it. However, it was very relaxed and the questions were okay. Tell me about yourself, what do you know about Sports Direct (which I completely screwed up- do your research!) and then I was asked to role play how I'd sell a Bag For Life, I dreaded it for all of two minutes but it actually wasn't too bad. All in all, I was happy with the interview but the rate of pay is only £3.68 because I'm 16 :frown: I'm still looking for something else, though. It's not as bad as everyone makes out, although I've not got the job yet! :P Feel free to email me if you've got any questions! :smile:

hi Caitlin. im 16 and i have an interview next week for sports direct. Im quite nervous about the interview. i was wondering if you could give me tips and some sentences starters about describing myself.
Reply 48
Hey, I applied for a job at sports direct a few months ago and had my interview a few weeks ago, it went really well and i got offered the job. However i was surprised to discover that when i accepted the job i found it was minimum wage, and as i am currently 17 that is only 3.79, so i turned down the job as i am currently on a higher wage.
I wore smart attire, just a shirt, boots and black jeans. He seemed really impressed as i was organised with all the necessary documents ie CV, passport, birth certificate etc... He then went through abooklet asking me different questions, oh btw i applied for the casual sales assistant job as a part timer. He asked me when i had experienced team work and when i had not, when have i had to follow a procedure, what do i do in my spare time. it was only ten minutes or so and was a very informal interview, went really well though he was lovely and friendly and it was such a shame it was such little pay otherwise i would have taken the job.
Best of luck xx
Hi guys (response asap) I just got the job and spent a few hours on the till and well it didn't go great! Do you guys any hints or diagrams pictures instructions etc. to help me get used to the till :smile: thanks
Original post by Jack12346789
Hi guys (response asap) I just got the job and spent a few hours on the till and well it didn't go great! Do you guys any hints or diagrams pictures instructions etc. to help me get used to the till :smile: thanks

Hey :smile:
What did you want to know about the tills :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, so I had my interview for sports direct 2 days ago and I felt like it went very well. I was just wondering how long after the interview should I expect an email about the job?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by James-shepherd
Hey, so I had my interview for sports direct 2 days ago and I felt like it went very well. I was just wondering how long after the interview should I expect an email about the job?

Everyone who I know that has been given the job has received a call off the manager, I think you only get an email if you weren't successful. I got called 3 hours after my interview, but it could vary depending on your store.
Original post by itssammorgan
Everyone who I know that has been given the job has received a call off the manager, I think you only get an email if you weren't successful. I got called 3 hours after my interview, but it could vary depending on your store.

When I had an interview, I received an email to say I was successful, might've changed since I started though :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Hi, I have an interview at Sports Direct tomorrow but i'm not 100% sure that the system has logged my interview time. The interview time selection is still asking me to select a time, however on the page that says I have been requested for interview it says the shop location and then '1st - communicated' (the time slot I asked for was the first one available). Is this what is was like for anyone else (sorry for the bad description!) Thanks
Original post by Juniorr
Hi, I have an interview at Sports Direct tomorrow but i'm not 100% sure that the system has logged my interview time. The interview time selection is still asking me to select a time, however on the page that says I have been requested for interview it says the shop location and then '1st - communicated' (the time slot I asked for was the first one available). Is this what is was like for anyone else (sorry for the bad description!) Thanks

It was the same for me. Its fine.
Original post by Juniorr

Hey how did it go? I had my interview on the 19th and it went pretty well, my manager was really nice, i got accepted too and have an induction on Sunday for 5 hours from 9am,apparently their going to teach me till work and the shoe department.
Reply 57
Original post by ItsMelissa
Hey how did it go? I had my interview on the 19th and it went pretty well, my manager was really nice, i got accepted too and have an induction on Sunday for 5 hours from 9am,apparently their going to teach me till work and the shoe department.

Hiya! The interview was really chilled out, spent most of the time describing myself etc., is that what yours was like? I got accepted too! How did your induction go?
Original post by Juniorr
Hiya! The interview was really chilled out, spent most of the time describing myself etc., is that what yours was like? I got accepted too! How did your induction go?

Thats good and yh pretty much how mine was, my induction was good had a few other people who started with me they were awesome,just got shown around the store and went through a whole folder of rules and stuff then had to sign sh*t loads of papers, haha how fun. They told me its only for 5 hours but i actually got kept behind to work longer until the store closed then stayed back for an hour and cleaned up which i didn't enjoy really but might as well get used to it. Oh but one thing I do not like is the bit where they have to search us before we go out for lunch and when our shift is over, seriously need to sort that out.
really freaking out, got an interview tomorrow ransacked my house and i still can't find it AND i've lost my birth certificate so now i only have a passport (which expired in April) and my most recent P45 :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending