The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston University Accommodation :)

Hi,

I will be going to Aston university this year. As a 1st year student what would you recommend for accommodation? Halls? private acc?

If halls- which one would you recommend out of all of them, I would like it to be quite nice, and I know halls do not have internet either :frown:

If private acc- which one would you recommend?

Help would be much appreciated :smile:

Thank you

Tina

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Probably halls on-campus for 1st year. But no need to worry if your just off campus... Spent my first year in the heights and had a great time.

Er... For private, I'd recommend Cosmo because it's practically brand new, Jennens Court, then Curzon Gateway but that's just my opinion lol.

On campus, not sure... On placement year and pretty much everything has changed in 1 year!
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by tina_k
I know halls do not have internet either :frown:

Yes they do, it's just not included in the rent.
Reply 3
Original post by BirdieUK
Probably halls on-campus for 1st year. But no need to worry if your just off campus... Spent my first year in the heights and had a great time.

Er... For private, I'd recommend Cosmo because it's practically brand new, Jennens Court, then Curzon Gateway but that's just my opinion lol.

On campus, not sure... On placement year and pretty much everything has changed in 1 year!

ive decided im going to live at home because Aston university is only 15minutes away from me. Dou you feel that i would be at a disadvatange in terms of parties and social life because of this?
Reply 4
if money wasn't an issue, would u go for the new build 5 bed or new build 7 bed??

just to recap new build 5 offers a slightly bigger bedroom and bathroom and also a 3/4 size bed instead of a single one..
Reply 5
I dont know if any of them benefits are worth the extra cost tbh! Im in 7 bed and would recommend it!
Reply 6
Original post by DJSKYLINE
I dont know if any of them benefits are worth the extra cost tbh! Im in 7 bed and would recommend it!

have uou by any chance have any pictures of your room? :smile: they would be much appreciated, thank you :biggrin:!
Reply 7
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
I've put a deposit down on the 5 bed new build, can't wait!
Original post by ryan609
ive decided im going to live at home because Aston university is only 15minutes away from me. Dou you feel that i would be at a disadvatange in terms of parties and social life because of this?

a little bit but you will have so much money you will be able to buy everyone drinks, which should make up for it :tongue:
Reply 12
Ooo 5 bed sound awesome! Applying now!
Original post by aprilannep
Thank you!! are the 5 bedroom in new build alot bigger? and, dyu know anything about lakeside?

I know a fair bit about Lakeside :smile:
Reply 14
Hey I'm sorry if someones posted this before but I can't seem to set up an accommodation account on the Aston site. Is anyone else having this problem? It keeps coming up with an error message, should I just ring them up?
Original post by Nara17
Hey I'm sorry if someones posted this before but I can't seem to set up an accommodation account on the Aston site. Is anyone else having this problem? It keeps coming up with an error message, should I just ring them up?

i have been having that problem too, but log out of site and just keep trying adn eventually it works. annoying!
Reply 16
Internet is not included in the rent? How much is it then? :smile:
Original post by JakeE10
Internet is not included in the rent? How much is it then? :smile:

From what I remember it's £140 for the standard speed and £180 for the faster speed.
Reply 18
Original post by hannah_dru
From what I remember it's £140 for the standard speed and £180 for the faster speed.

Ah thanks for the reply. For how long? :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by JakeE10
Ah thanks for the reply. For how long? :smile:

1 whole academic year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest