Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Electra Heart - Marina & the Diamonds Watch

ReputationRep:
    About 3 and a half years ago now, I feel in love with Marina & the Diamonds
    Yesterday her 2nd album "Electra Heart" came out.
    Anyone else got it? What do you think? Favourite tracks? Least Favourite tracks?
    I personally love it, but I'm curious to other peoples opinions

And get well soon Marina <3 (she's had to postpone her tour due to medical issues )

ReputationRep:
    Haven't got the album yet but I do love her. This video from Youtube always makes me go a bit weak at the knees:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JHINokmH6w

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I didn't know Electra Heart was out already! I've only heard about 4 tracks from it on her Youtube channel, and I'm really liking Primadonna . Thanks a lot for the heads up, and I will be checking out her album now on Spotify :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I love Marina's songs!

My favourites are Hollywood, Primadonna, and Radioactive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walterwhite123)
    Haven't got the album yet but I do love her. This video from Youtube always makes me go a bit weak at the knees:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JHINokmH6w
    Yes! that video <3 I really want her top in that! :P

ReputationRep:
    i thought i liked her when she first came out, but hearing this new album... i'm really not a fan.

ReputationRep:
    She has a beautiful voice but she needs a better band (and production). The pianist is particularly lame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canŵio)
    i thought i liked her when she first came out, but hearing this new album... i'm really not a fan.
    It's a little marmite like, isn't it? :P Album definitely gets better the more you listen to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fingersmith)
    She has a beautiful voice but she needs a better band (and production). The pianist is particularly lame.
    yeah, the band could be better :/ She plays all the piano herself, although she has no formal training!

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely LOVE this album! I got the deluxe edition beacause of the additional 3 songs (Sex Yeah and Lonely Hearts Club are my favourites). I really like all the songs especially Power and Control, Living Dead, Teen Idle and Lies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizziginne)
    yeah, the band could be better :/ She plays all the piano herself, although she has no formal training!
    Maybe now she can afford someone who has

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 3, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.