This discussion is closed.
riffraff
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Chima)
Any reason for your view? or do you just not like it because it does not conform to society?
don't like it because that is not my particular taste in music, and I would rather not have it imposed on me by other people. I don't have a problem with not conforming to society. This may be difficult as the number of stereotypical middle class ppl to which we can not-conform is decreasing rapidly. rebel whilst you still can
Chima
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Woodsy)
Rap isn't music at all, it's basically crap poetry to a heavy thumping beat or such like.

Total S**t.

Ironically my avatar is a bad ass mofo samuel L. in pulp fiction (just incase anybody was smart enough to point that out)
If that's what you think, then define music. I think you don't like it because you dont understand it or because you dont like what lyrics are used.

BTW
Music: The art of arranging/combining certain sounds able to be produced by the voice, or by instruments.
MuniE
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Chima)
If that's what you think, then define music. I think you don't like it because you dont understand it or because you dont like what lyrics are used.

BTW
Music: The art of arranging/combining certain sounds able to be produced by the voice, or by instruments.
It may be music but it is the lowest form of music.... it incites violence and unwanted aspects.. just look at some rappers.. Jay-z use to sell crack in the ghetto and 50 cent was a pimp.. great role models....
serious narb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
It may be music but it is the lowest form of music.... it incites violence and unwanted aspects.. just look at some rappers.. Jay-z use to sell crack in the ghetto and 50 cent was a pimp.. great role models....
so what music do you like?
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
well said my friend, total wasters that promote nothing but violence, some of the lyrics would back that up.

My sort of music is mello, indie-rock sort of stuff, your coldplay's, some evanescene, chillis, ash, bon jovi , to name a few, certainly all proper musicians though.
Chima
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
just because they mention violence and things like that doesnt make it the lowest form of music. you're trying to say that these rappers are telling us to go out with guns and shoot people, when all they actually say is what they do. who said they were supposed to b role models? you're moving into who the people actually are and what they've done in the past instead of looking at the music. im sure a lot of artists out there have done bad things in the past, doesnt mean their music's rubbish as well.

i think that because many violent people today listen to rap music, others have somehow started to beleive that there is a link. rap is just a violent type of music, so expect violent people to listen to it.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Chima)
just because they mention violence and things like that doesnt make it the lowest form of music. you're trying to say that these rappers are telling us to go out with guns and shoot people, when all they actually say is what they do. who said they were supposed to b role models? you're moving into who the people actually are and what they've done in the past instead of looking at the music. im sure a lot of artists out there have done bad things in the past, doesnt mean their music's rubbish as well.

i think that because many violent people today listen to rap music, others have somehow started to beleive that there is a link. rap is just a violent type of music, so expect violent people to listen to it.
agree with all of that and i generally do not like Rap music, i can understand why it's appreciated though.

as for R&B or Garage, that is just shocking, don't get me started on how bad kevin Little is....
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb2)
so what music do you like?
I like alternative rock like billy talent, the smashing pumpkins, greenday, the rolling stones, david bowie, supertramp stuff like that....
yOUR_dESTINY
Report 17 years ago
Loudness is what makes music good!

But i hate people with their exhaust pipe rigged so it is really loud and music playin out of the car really loud, though i do listen 2 music loud indoors.
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by SHANDY)
Do you see people in their ' cars that aint even good looking' blasting some music you can't even understand. Not that I can't understand it, it just annoys mesometimes.

What you people think.
It pisses me off to. A 20-something year old up the road actually boasts about how he got stopped by the police for playing music too loudly in his car in the middle of town :mad:
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Chima)

Ok if you are saying violent people listen to it THEN I AGREE WITH YOU.... my school is a weird location, one one side of the school is government housing and on the other an upper middle class neighboorhood......like 10 ppl live on this side and the rest on the other...... there has been gang fights, weapons, school lock downs and everytime i see someone get arrested it always looks like someone out of a rap video, and hence if you say violent people listen you rap you will agree with me when i say i hate violent people and thus the hip hop culture and those who buy into it
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
I like alternative rock like billy talent, the smashing pumpkins, greenday, the rolling stones, david bowie, supertramp stuff like that....
greenday are cool, but a lot of people find that sort of music quite bland
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
greenday are cool, but a lot of people find that sort of music quite bland
I pretty much will listen to anything except country, rap, r and b, hip hop, soul, jazz or **** like that
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
I pretty much will listen to anything except country, rap, r and b, hip hop, soul, jazz or **** like that
yeah i mainly listen to Punk and Indie, but i'm willing to give anything a go which is why i don't mind some RAP like Black eyed Peas for example
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
yeah i mainly listen to Punk and Indie, but i'm willing to give anything a go which is why i don't mind some RAP like Black eyed Peas for example
I can't stand black eyed peas.. i wanna shut them up lol
Meeps
Report 17 years ago
i hate this stereotypical view people have of rap music and the whole hip hop culture.

Rap music may be listened to by violent people, but not everyone who listens to it are violent. im sure lots of bands etc from the rock culture have done violent things.

Most people who rap are people who genuinely come from the violent ghettos and want to express what the situation is there and how people need to sort these areas out. They are not saying that people must get guns and shoot them etc. The art of rapping is actually quite a difficult art to try to perform and therefore that is why i like to listen to that music cause i appreciate it, just like how most of the above posters like guitar play etc. but tbh i dnt like the sum new rap cummin out recently over the last year personally cause most of the artists cudnt rap. It is also true that rap is getting *****er as mo artists *** into that genre and cant rap, but before this period there were a lot brilliant rappers (Eazy E, Dr Dre, Rakim, Tupac, Biggie, Bone Thugs, Snoop DD, Ice Cube....to name but few).

But in general this music is part of the black culture, and by dissing rap ur dissing the black culture.

The people most of you hate are the townies and they irritate me as well. They listen to rap to try to look cool and hard, but bth they probably dont have a clue about what rap really means. But dont blame rap for this though.

ps there is some brilliant rnb that is out, again not really recently, but before it became part of the pop industry. I also like some of the new rock and indie that has come out, like coldplay and that new blink 182 song (miss u), this genre is gettin stronger and stronger.
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Meeps)
i hate this stereotypical view people have of rap music and the whole hip hop culture.

Rap music may be listened to by violent people, but not everyone who listens to it are violent. im sure lots of bands etc from the rock culture have done violent things.

Most people who rap are people who genuinely come from the violent ghettos and want to express what the situation is there and how people need to sort these areas out. They are not saying that people must get guns and shoot them etc. The art of rapping is actually quite a difficult art to try to perform and therefore that is why i like to listen to that music cause i appreciate it, just like how most of the above posters like guitar play etc. but tbh i dnt like the sum new rap cummin out recently over the last year personally cause most of the artists cudnt rap. It is also true that rap is getting *****er as mo artists *** into that genre and cant rap, but before this period there were a lot brilliant rappers (Eazy E, Dr Dre, Rakim, Tupac, Biggie, Bone Thugs, Snoop DD, Ice Cube....to name but few).

But in general this music is part of the black culture, and by dissing rap ur dissing the black culture.

The people most of you hate are the townies and they irritate me as well. They listen to rap to try to look cool and hard, but bth they probably dont have a clue about what rap really means. But dont blame rap for this though.

ps there is some brilliant rnb that is out, again not really recently, but before it became part of the pop industry. I also like some of the new rock and indie that has come out, like coldplay and that new blink 182 song (miss u), this genre is gettin stronger and stronger.
When i say I hate rap I am not dissing black people and black culture. 70% of the rap record sales are white middle class suburbanites.. therefore 70% of the people who listen to rap are dirty townies that should be shot, i really dont know what townies are i am assuming they are what we call ******s in North America.
chatty gal
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
nuttin rong wit ppl playin der music loud
love_4_ducks
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by SHANDY)
Do you see people in their 'cars that aint even good looking' blasting some music you can't even understand. Not that I can't understand it, it just annoys me sometimes.

What you people think.

sometimes its a bit annoying espic when the lads lean out of their cars and wolf whistle as us thinknig we'd be intereseted.....lik errr no
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
im not a wannabe of any kind, if i had a car id simp,ly play music loud.. because i love music! i have it loud wherever i play it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (233)
75.16%
No (77)
24.84%

Watched Threads