Nadine86
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by britney)
Do u think that money brings happiness?
Wud u prefer to be rich or poor?
x

:cool: :rolleyes:

of course money cannot buy happiness, but i think i would prefer being rich. if happiness depends on material things then yes, bcuz with money u can buy close to everything. but money does not always bring happiness, it brings along with it fear of robberies and higher taxes. but i would rather be rich than poor.
love_4_ducks
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
x

money buys everything else except happiness
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
x

well i come from a poor family and av always strugglesd. i am never left without mind u, as my dad tries his hardest to make sure i av all i need and want.

my bf is from a rich family, and wen i see them goin out spendin endless amounts of money on waste it on one side makes me realise they shud b grateful for what they have and the otherside makes me wish i cud live like that. but i always tell my bf to be grateful for the fact that whatevers he wants its bought for him.

not always bein rich makes u happy tho. most people i no who r rich dont enjoy little things like havin money given to u for food whil eout, or being taken out for the day. bein given £10 to go to cthe cinema with is a huge treat and really makes me smile, while loads and loads of technological crap rich people get doesnt make them feel any better for longer than 20 mins of avin it.
m00se
Report 16 years ago
Poor is crap.

Ok, so money doesn't automatically BRING happiness...but it makes it a whoooole lot easier to attain.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by m00se)
Poor is crap.

Ok, so money doesn't automatically BRING happiness...but it makes it a whoooole lot easier to attain.
until u get bored of bein able to go out and get whatever u want.

bet u lot get something new like clothes or dvds each week or 2 weeks at least..? yea? welkl i dont. and wen i do, even if its dead small i appreciate it and im happy and wooooo for ages after! thats wot makes the difference, being appreciateive and not 'over spending' on pointless crapnu dont need just 'because i can'. even if i won the lottery i wud not rush out and buy everythin i wud simply put it into the bank for wen i move home and buy decent things.

well... i might go and buy a new wardrobe but hey, thats allowed...
love_4_ducks
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
until u get bored of bein able to go out and get whatever u want.

bet u lot get something new like clothes or dvds each week or 2 weeks at least..? yea? welkl i dont. and wen i do, even if its dead small i appreciate it and im happy and wooooo for ages after! thats wot makes the difference, being appreciateive and not 'over spending' on pointless crapnu dont need just 'because i can'. even if i won the lottery i wud not rush out and buy everythin i wud simply put it into the bank for wen i move home and buy decent things.

well... i might go and buy a new wardrobe but hey, thats allowed...

i agree lumpy!!! ince u have brought evrything u could want then u get bored of it
m00se
Report 16 years ago
I understand your point...all I'm saying is that if I had a load of money I'd be a lot closer to being happy.

There's far too much that I want to do, and far too much of the world that I want to see fo rme to EVER do all of it in my lifetime, there's no chance I'd get bored with travelling the world and doing all the things I wanted to do - that's everyone's dream, right? To do all the things they ever wanted to do before they die?

The only reason people never get around to doing all those things is because they're stuck in a job working their butts off trying to earn enough money to do just a few of them. With enough money, anything is possible - which is my point. Enough money can buy you anything, and ultimately, my list of things is just too long and time-consuming for me to get bored of it.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by love_4_ducks)
i agree lumpy!!! ince u have brought evrything u could want then u get bored of it
*claps excitedly* yay! i said somethin that made sence for once! woo!

love_4_ducks
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
*claps excitedly* yay! i said somethin that made sence for once! woo!

congrats lumpy!!!!! well done lol
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by m00se)
I understand your point...all I'm saying is that if I had a load of money I'd be a lot closer to being happy.

There's far too much that I want to do, and far too much of the world that I want to see fo rme to EVER do all of it in my lifetime, there's no chance I'd get bored with travelling the world and doing all the things I wanted to do - that's everyone's dream, right? To do all the things they ever wanted to do before they die?

The only reason people never get around to doing all those things is because they're stuck in a job working their butts off trying to earn enough money to do just a few of them. With enough money, anything is possible - which is my point. Enough money can buy you anything, and ultimately, my list of things is just too long and time-consuming for me to get bored of it.
i see ur point. but not havin enough money makes u dream and keep this list going yea? so when uv earned all ur money that u need to mkake one of these things happen, its a great feeling!! but, if u had enough money to do a gr8 deal of ur list, the enjoyment and dreams wudnt b there as much
dazmanultra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Money leads to quality of life in this country.

More money = higher quality of life.

A higher quality of life is shown to lead to a better mental state i.e. happiness. Money is not directly responsible, but it helps.

There are other factors such as where you live, your job, your friends, family and other circumstances.

In the end, it comes down to who you are as a person. Some people are able to make the best out of any situation. Others will get depressed about the smallest of problems.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You can never get bored of buying stuff if you have enough money! New things are always being invented and existing stuff keeps getting better

You don't have to have money to be happy, but if you have lots, the chances are you will be. I think.
_EMMA_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
x

yes
rich
DevilsDoor
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I would sooner be rich in friendship and love than in a monetary sense. Money makes the world go round, it buys short lived happiness and friendship, for once the money has ran out, out goes the *false* friends you bought.

Id like to be comfortable, to be able to make ends meet with a little spare at the end of the day, but it definitely isnt the be all and end all.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DevilsDoor)
Id like to be comfortable, to be able to make ends meet with a little spare at the end of the day, but it definitely isnt the be all and end all.
nicely put, same here
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
x

I think money does bring happiness, well it can. It can't buy everything but a nice big house, cars, expensive holidays, luxury treatment, never having to worry about bills... etc. would definitely make me happy - maybe not as happy as I can possibly be as it's all material things - but I think I'd be quite happy!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (18)
38.3%
Take autumn exams (18)
38.3%
Look for a job (1)
2.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (1)
2.13%
Take a year out (6)
12.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
6.38%

Watched Threads