The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

LSBU - Anyone at LSBU? Or going in September?

The clocks ticking on UCAS and I need to make a choice soon.
According to the Independent's uni ranking list, LSBU is a very poor university.
The course I've been offered is in Digital Film and Video. Obviously not a generic theory course like the majority. So it probably not fair to judge it purely on that.

When I went to the open day, I was impressed by the lecturer and his presentation. However, I keep seeing very negative comments from current/past students.

Would I receive poor standard of education?
And does anyone who's going this September feel that same?
LSBU alumni here - did my Masters there.

Rankings are to be handled with care. All the faculties are thrown together and the result isn't necessarily
representative for your specific course.

I didn't go to an open day but scheduled a meeting with faculty members and past and present students of
the faculty I planned on studying in. LSBU made the best impression, particularly in relation to the tuition
fees.

If you feel that the programme is exactly right for you, and if the presentation by the lecturer (ideally
one who'll actually be teaching you) was impressive and professional, there's no reason not to go there.

I had a great time at LSBU and feel like I received a very good education; I got a great job with one of
the world's leading banks right away after graduation (outside of the UK though), so employers can't have
that much of a problem with LSBU.
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending