The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Level Psychology G543 (11/06/12)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by seventwoseven
Do we really need to know how many participants were in each study? -_- I emailed my teacher an answer and she said to improve it I should write how many participants. I don't know about anyone else, but remembering the number of participants and percentages etc for 54 studies is nigh on impossible.

sometimes you dont need to but sometimes you do lolx
Original post by princess271
describe one piece of research into looking deathworthy.rtf can someone give me some feedback
thanks x

Apart from tidying up your English and spelling, that looks very good. You know, less commas and more sentences etc. Everything's very well explained though.

Also, Eberhardt is a woman. So 'he' should be 'she'. Lol but I'm sure they wouldn't care when they mark it XD
Apart from tidying up your English and spelling, that looks very good. You know, less commas and more sentences etc. Everything's very well explained though.

Also, Eberhardt is a woman. So 'he' should be 'she'. Lol but I'm sure they wouldn't care when they mark it XD

lol i got no spell checker

I just checked my work now lol
only spelt one word wrong "investigates"
To what extent can research into alternatives to imprisonment be considered ethnocentric (15)

what can I write for this?? :s-smilie: :frown:
x
Original post by asaaal
I was wondering if anyone could be nice enough to look at these essays for me and give me some feedback ;p. Im so so scared for this exam :frown:. Thankssss :smile:

June 2010 section B
To what extent does the cognitive approach provide an explanation of criminal behaviour?

your works brilliant
much better than mines :tongue:
Reply 86
i'm having trouble with more than 1 paragraph for evaluation of reliability
what types of reliability can i use other than inter rater reliability?
example: "evaluate the reliability of research into interviewing witnesses"

also any idea about "appropriateness" questions? is it asking about usefullness/practical applications or validity or what? :confused:
Reply 87
Original post by alexswartz
i'm having trouble with more than 1 paragraph for evaluation of reliability
what types of reliability can i use other than inter rater reliability?
example: "evaluate the reliability of research into interviewing witnesses"

also any idea about "appropriateness" questions? is it asking about usefullness/practical applications or validity or what? :confused:

For reliability the main factors you can look at are control, sample bias, causal relationship, also as validity tends to go in hand with reliability you could talk about Eco validity as if you were to repeat under realistic settings may get diff results :smile:
Reply 88
[QUOTE="princess271;37911622"]
Original post by asaaal
I was wondering if anyone could be nice enough to look at these essays for me and give me some feedback ;p. Im so so scared for this exam :frown:. Thankssss :smile:

June 2010 section B
To what extent does the cognitive approach provide an explanation of criminal behaviour?

your works brilliant

im starting to think youre saying it out of petty :frown:. nobody else has ven gave me feedback.. i think it mustnt be that good.
Noo yours are really good, i was looking at them last night :smile:. well done!
Ive only revised 50 studies .. :|
Reply 89

June 2010 section B

your works brilliant

im starting to think youre saying it out of petty . nobody else has ven gave me feedback.. i think it mustnt be that good.
Noo yours are really good, i was looking at them last night . well done!
Reply 90
One week exactly :zomg:

But on the bright side of things, a week later at this time, it will all be over :yep:
Original post by asaaal
im starting to think youre saying it out of petty . nobody else has ven gave me feedback.. i think it mustnt be that good.
Noo yours are really good, i was looking at them last night . well done!

I only started revising on Saturday
Was crying to my mum saying I wont be getting an A LOL
Thank you
seriously yours are good
Reply 92
I only started revising on Saturday
Was crying to my mum saying I wont be getting an A LOL
Thank you
seriously yours are good

aw thanks, my teacher hasnt marked ANY of our classes essays its so annoying :frown: i really dont know what mark im at :'(!

ahhaah aw :P
what grade do you need in this exam? what did you get last year in AS?
Reply 93
can ask why people are saying 54 studies when theres actually 72? Am i missing something lol?
Original post by asaaal
aw thanks, my teacher hasnt marked ANY of our classes essays its so annoying :frown: i really dont know what mark im at :'(!

ahhaah aw :P
what grade do you need in this exam? what did you get last year in AS?

I need a B I think
not sure
wbu?
Reply 95
Original post by asaaal
can ask why people are saying 54 studies when theres actually 72? Am i missing something lol?

Some people have missed out topics, like as a college we don't do After a Guilty Verdict and we also know explanations/treatments for only one dysfunctional behaviour (phobias). :smile:
Reply 96
I need a B I think
not sure
wbu?

i have a mid A in AS so i need like a C/D in this as i have a B in G544.
I think thats right to get a B overall :confused:?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 97
Hi everyone - glad to see it's not just me that despises this exam! I'm a little confused about the layout of the whole exam - it's 100 marks right? How is this made up? I know section A is a 10 marker where you have to describe one particular study but that's it :redface: Any help?

Thanks!
Sal
Reply 98
Original post by SalC
Hi everyone - glad to see it's not just me that despises this exam! I'm a little confused about the layout of the whole exam - it's 100 marks right? How is this made up? I know section A is a 10 marker where you have to describe one particular study but that's it :redface: Any help?

Thanks!
Sal

4 exam questions (2 health 2 forensic depending on what sections youre doing)
within each question there is a section a worth 10 marks and a section b worth 15 marks

section a is describe, section b is evaluate :smile:
Original post by asaaal
i have a mid A in AS so i need like a C/D in this as i have a B in G544.
I think thats right to get a B overall :confused:?

think so not sure :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending