• View Poll Results: Note or S2
    Note
    77.78%
    S2
    22.22%

ReputationRep:
    Which one is better?

ReputationRep:
    One is a phone, the other a phablet. Which do you want?

ReputationRep:
    The Note is better specs-wise, having a faster processor and a HD screen (that's the highest resoution on any phone), as well as a higher pixel density

But ultimately it depends what size you prefer. The S2 is very old now despite still being a good phone. If the note is too big for you, its better to consider the HTC One X, or Galaxy Nexus, or GS3

Me, i went from a GSII, to Galaxy Nexus, and then a HTC One X.

The Nexus easily beats the other 2 for me, largely down to the superior stock android user interface.

I've now got a galaxy note, and removed the hideous slow and awkward touchwizz interface with stock galaxy nexus android 4.04. It now runs like a dream, super fast, slick, extremely polished, and consistent - faster than the quad core HTC One X

Never underestimate the importance of user interface and screen quality/size. Both are more important than anything else.

The note doesnt even feel large in anyway at all after just a few days use. Its size doesnt inhibit how i use my phone in anyway at all. When i pick up my Nexus now, it feels microscopic and too small to be useful - which is amazing considering i thought it was massive when i first bought it

ReputationRep:
    Ive been using a note for the last few weeks and I'm genuinely totally and utterly used to the size. It feels quite big when you first start using it but after a while it just feels like any other phone. The only time I'm even remotely aware of the size is when calling people...otherwise its all good.

I will warn you that it is damn near impossible to use anything smaller after this. I used a friends iPhone and it was genuinely like using a childs toy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohirome)
    Ive been using a note for the last few weeks and I'm genuinely totally and utterly used to the size. It feels quite big when you first start using it but after a while it just feels like any other phone. The only time I'm even remotely aware of the size is when calling people...otherwise its all good.

I will warn you that it is damn near impossible to use anything smaller after this. I used a friends iPhone and it was genuinely like using a childs toy.
    Yeah, definitely this.

To be honest, I prefer the larger screen size - it makes games more enjoyable and allows for real web browsing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markuk99)
    Me, i went from a GSII, to Galaxy Nexus, and then a HTC One X.

...I've now got a galaxy note
    Da***? :lolwut:

That's essentially a new premium device every 3-4 months. How do you even? :confused:

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.