Reply 1
What do we think?
Reply 2
Do you know what the Unit 4 pre release is for tectonic activity?? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Melimoo94
Do you know what the Unit 4 pre release is for tectonic activity?? :smile:

I'm doing that too :smile: its about responses..I have pasted the link below

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/CPS/GCE%20from%202008/W39943A%20GCE%20Geography%206GE04%20Adv%20Info%20June%202012.pdf

What do you think?
Think it's alright, Looks at trans-boundary disputes and water management for the future mainly. As well with Population growth and water use by sector.
I'm thinking of doing Energy Security with Techno-fix for this paper.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by oli2wd
I'm doing that too :smile: its about responses..I have pasted the link below

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/CPS/GCE%20from%202008/W39943A%20GCE%20Geography%206GE04%20Adv%20Info%20June%202012.pdf

What do you think?

Thank you :biggrin:

It's a great question :smile: but I dislike Water Conflicts :frown:
Reply 7
So glad the tectonics unit 4 was human not physical! I’m thinking of doing Energy Security + Development Gap/Superpowers for the Unit 3. Water doesn’t look too bad, looks easier than the Jan 2012 one
Reply 8
I'm glad its water conflicts, I find it quite a nice topic

For section A does anyone bother to learn all the other 5 chapters? I'm thinking ill just learn 3 too.
Reply 9
Original post by ChrisJ
I'm glad its water conflicts, I find it quite a nice topic

For section A does anyone bother to learn all the other 5 chapters? I'm thinking ill just learn 3 too.

Nope, my Geog teacher even recommends that we just learn 2/3 topics and we should be fine.

Has anyone got any predicted questions for Section B btw?
Reply 10
come on then, give me the best way to revise this..... case studies?
Original post by rockchickm
Nope, my Geog teacher even recommends that we just learn 2/3 topics and we should be fine.

Has anyone got any predicted questions for Section B btw?

My teacher made us a worksheet on possible Qs.

PART a)s usually about explaining or outlining something.
- explain why there are growing concerns about water security in the region
- explain the contribution of physical geography to water security in the region

PART b)s involve 'to what extent' or 'evaluate'
- evaluate the relative importance of threats facing water security in the region
- evaluate the arguments for and against the development of large scale dams as a method of water management in the region
- to what extent does China hold the key to water security in the region?

PART c)s usually look to the future and how sustainability might be achieved
- evaluate the contribution that the three water management schemes in Fig 11 may make to improving water security in the region
- study fig 11. Assess the key issues which may influence water security in the region
- Assess the challenges the region faces as it aims for a water secure future.

Just a few ideas, I've been revising by answering them which is mind numbingly boring but also very helpful!
Original post by lillyryanharper

- explain the contribution of physical geography to water security in the region

- evaluate the relative importance of threats facing water security in the region
- evaluate the arguments for and against the development of large scale dams as a method of water management in the region

- evaluate the contribution that the three water management schemes in Fig 11 may make to improving water security in the region
- study fig 11. Assess the key issues which may influence water security in the region

Just a few ideas, I've been revising by answering them which is mind numbingly boring but also very helpful!

Thank you, I've been wondering how to go about the questions aswell so that's incredibly helpful :biggrin: I'm getting quite nervous about this exam though, I never seem to be able to finish questions in their relative time limits :s

Are you guys just revising 2 or 3 units other than water? If so which ones?
I'm thinking superpowers, development and energy or tech fix, definitely avoiding biodiversity..
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by lettucesoap
Thank you, I've been wondering how to go about the questions aswell so that's incredibly helpful :biggrin: I'm getting quite nervous about this exam though, I never seem to be able to finish questions in their relative time limits :s

I'm thinking superpowers, development and energy or tech fix..

Heya, yeah I'm revising mainly development and energy and maybe a bit of superpowers if I get a chance :smile:
Original post by lettucesoap

I'm thinking superpowers, development and energy or tech fix..

If you're worried about timing then putting a plan at the top can help because they often consider what you were going to put even if you didn't manage to get it down!
In the back of the edexcel textbook it also makes the good point that in the event of time running out bullet points are better than no points!
If you're worried about timing then putting a plan at the top can help because they often consider what you were going to put even if you didn't manage to get it down!
In the back of the edexcel textbook it also makes the good point that in the event of time running out bullet points are better than no points!

Ok I'll try doing that, thanks for the advice! :biggrin:
Reply 16
Good set of questions there.
Im revising biodiversity, energy and technology.
Hopefully they wont throw in some dodgey figures for the 10 mark question. I think im more worried about that, as for the 15 mark, its reliant on your previous knowledge, rather than interpretation.
I quite like the synoptic resource though, I think there's a lot to build on.
Reply 17

Thank you soo much for these! i was just wondering where can i find stuff on the physical reasons because i cant find much in the pre release?

and how much are we meant to write for these questions, im worried im gonna end up trying to do an essay like unit four and write too much

thanks,

I am finding the water resources quite tricky, these have been really helpful. I was wondering do you happen to have any sample answers to go with these? :smile:
Original post by Melimoo94
Thank you :biggrin:

It's a great question :smile: but I dislike Water Conflicts :frown:

At least it's not biodiversity XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending