The Student Room Group

Sciences po admissions interview

hi, i applied for the sciences po undergraduate degree in reims and i had my interview two weeks ago. can anyone tell me how long it takes until they send you a reply about whether uve been admitted or not?? thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They will tell you in mid-May. The commission decides the admissions 4 times a year(december, mid-March,mid-April and mid-May) so if you had your interview in late April they will tell you around May 15th :smile: Good luck!
Reply 2
Thank you very much :smile: i hope it goes well, after the interview i felt very insecure, because they were very harsh about the questions they asked.
Reply 3
I can understand you,same feeling for me! Where are you from btw?
Reply 4
Did you also apply for the campus in Reims? I am from Vienna , Austria :smile: you?
Reply 5
Nope, Menton! And I'm from Italy ^^
Reply 6
Hello there! I'm also impatiently waiting for a reply from Sciences Po (Campus Nancy) and had my interview in April. @elli-pip223, could it be that we met in front of Studio Molière on the interview day? :smile:

Good luck for both of you!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
hey guys, just discovered this site, and i am sooo happy that i found it :biggrin:

can you tell me something about our interviews? my interview for the campus on nancy will be thursday. it really scares the hell out of me, i just don't know what to expect. did you do something specific to prepare? what is your french level?

thanks in advance, and good luck to you :smile:
Reply 8
mathild_ah: you had your interview in Vienna as well? :smile: u must've been right before me then. how did you feel about it ?? Im really insecure about it.
blege: there's really no way to prepare for it, just make sure you know enough about current events in regards to your own country and europe. depending on your campus, they'll chose an article related to the area's your campus focuses on. Just be prepared to feel intimidated by them. The interview is based on a good cop- bad cop setting. so they'll constantly question everything you say, in order to see if you can stand your ground when presenting arguments. the motivational questions are based on why you chose sciences po and the specific campus. They definitely weren't very forthcoming, so just be prepared that they'll try to wear you out. As long as u've read your newspapers, you'll be fine :wink: let me know how it goes!
Reply 9
@elli-pip223 Yes, that was me! I also felt a bit intimitdated by the jury and I am now curious for their decision. I know we have only seen each other once, but what would you say if we met up for coffee somewhere to discuss our interview experiences in detail? :smile:

@blege As elli-pip223 already said, you really cannot prepare or foresee what they will give you. Just think very carefully about your ambitions (they asked me very detailed questions about my future plans ) and keep informed about current issues. Be prepared to be pressured, they will ask you to give answers quickly and make spontaneous guesses. Maybe you know someone who you can practise with and who challenges you a bit, that could be a good 'preparation'. :smile: Where are you from, may I ask?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
thanks for your quick reply :smile:
ok, that's not very reassuring, i'm not that good at guessing. do they ask questions about institutions like the eu, their organs and stuff? i was practicing with my boyfriend to present french articles, but actually we weren't very successful. what sort of article did you get? like more a report or something controversial? did you manage to talk 10 minutes perfectly? and please, tell me about your french level :biggrin: i heard that the nancy students all have abibac or are bilingual :biggrin:

ok, i'll prepare some on my motivation then, at least that's something i can feel confident about :smile:

@mathild_ah: i am from mönchengladbach in germany. and you?
Reply 11
matild_ah: yes of course! i would love that. however, i can only make it next week, because I have my IB exams right now and this is the last week, so I'll be studying the whole time. how does the upcoming weekend sound for you?
Reply 12
@blege I would agree with all the posts before. Be prepared to really be put on the spot, and be certain of the statements that you are making in your presentation. If you are sure of everything you say - the questioning is not to bad.

@ elli-pip223 I had my interview for the Reims campus in January and found out I was accepted after around 2.5 weeks. From talking to other people , i would say anytime between your interview and the end of May, you should know. But I had my interview near an admissions period. I am also from Vienna, Austria :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by mathild_ah
Hello there! I'm also impatiently waiting for a reply from Sciences Po (Campus Nancy) and had my interview in April. @elli-pip223, could it be that we met in front of Studio Molière on the interview day? :smile:

Good luck for both of you!

Thanks but I already got a reply :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by iyone
@blege I would agree with all the posts before. Be prepared to really be put on the spot, and be certain of the statements that you are making in your presentation. If you are sure of everything you say - the questioning is not to bad.

@ elli-pip223 I had my interview for the Reims campus in January and found out I was accepted after around 2.5 weeks. From talking to other people , i would say anytime between your interview and the end of May, you should know. But I had my interview near an admissions period. I am also from Vienna, Austria :smile:

no way! which school do you go to? :smile:) i wish i was in your shoes, can't wait to receive a reply. its been 18 days so far. how did you actually feel after your interview? were you very confident about how it went or did you feel unsure?
Reply 15
Original post by elli-pip223
no way! which school do you go to? :smile:) i wish i was in your shoes, can't wait to receive a reply. its been 18 days so far. how did you actually feel after your interview? were you very confident about how it went or did you feel unsure?

Hey!
I am going to PM you :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by EvaLuna93
Thanks but I already got a reply :biggrin:

Ahh, even better! :smile:) How long did you have to wait for their decision?
Reply 17
Original post by mathild_ah
Ahh, even better! :smile:) How long did you have to wait for their decision?

1 week :smile: But my interview was close to an admission period.
Reply 18
iyone: are you going to the Reims campus this fall then? I am going for my undergrad studies there in August/September! I am from Brazil, by the way :smile:

Oh, and my decision came out in 1 week (I was close to one of the admissions cycles too)
Reply 19
Ah, I am so glad to meet someone! Is there some sort of facebook group in which we meet others too? Yes, extremely excited :smile:

My interview was quite ok -- I was dead scared I hadn't done that well, but the questions weren't too bad and I had prepared myself in advance for the "Why Sciences Po?" question, so that part went pretty well for sure.

Original post by iyone
Hey!
@ZebraEagle, yes I will be going to the Reims campus this fall :smile: It is really nice to see someone here, who is also going there. Ridiculously excited to start next year :smile: How did you feel about your interview experience ?

Quick Reply