Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    have many students at cambridge been swimming in the river when drunk or is it not really the done thing?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't, but there's normally a few in freshers week / may week.

The water is pretty foul though.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    Its not really that deep either, so I suppose its only really good for wading in!?

But the water does look a bit nasty...... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    A bacteriologist told me he'd analysed the water and found 10^6 bacteria per cm squared, most of them nasty. Some friends of mine went for a dip in Freshers' Week and they're still alive, however, though one of them went down with something fairly nasty afterwards... Wouldn't recommend it, use Kelsey Kerridge if you want to swim!

ReputationRep:
    I went swimming when I tipped myself out of my single scull. It was in front of the Tit Hall first eight. They laughed. I rowed back to the boathouse after emptying the water from my boat. I will have my revenge.

ReputationRep:
    it can't be as bad as canoeing/kayaking in the thames!lol + having to capsize to pass a test! that was grose! it was also freezing!

ReputationRep:
    I've been in once or twice, once not intentionally, but the alcohol you'd drink would kill off any nasty bugs that get in you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex_R)
    I went swimming when I tipped myself out of my single scull. It was in front of the Tit Hall first eight. They laughed. I rowed back to the boathouse after emptying the water from my boat. I will have my revenge.
    Hehehe, it is quite amusing though! How are you doing in bumps?

And no, people, I really wouldn't advise swimming in the Cam. Apparently a girl did the other week though, to get back from Mem from Tit Hall in the middle of the night!

ReputationRep:
    Got bumped today by Catz

But rowed much quicker than any of the other crews behind us so should row over tomorrow. Then have another crack at Churchill on Friday after Catz get them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex_R)
    Got bumped today by Catz

But rowed much quicker than any of the other crews behind us so should row over tomorrow. Then have another crack at Churchill on Friday after Catz get them.
    Ah well, never mind. Our 2nd boats both got bumped today, and apparently the men got fined for something or other. One day I might make it down there to watch.

What the hell am I doing here this late?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    What the hell am I doing here this late?
    What the hell am I doing still working this late :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    What the hell am I doing still working this late :rolleyes:
    I got back too late from the Barlympics to consider starting working. Tomorrow's going to be fun...lectures/dissection all morning (plus dissection will be extra full thanks to all the boaties who would normally come on Friday afternoon having to come to this session), 2:30 supervision and then Clare voices most of the evening, but I've got to fit my Biochem essay in round that :eek: Oh dear.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.