This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by superwolf
X

Originally Posted by superwolf
I get the same 'can't breathe' thing too sometimes - like you saw, fresh air can help, and also sometimes having a drink of water.

You going abroad next year then? Which country?
Do you know why the 'can't breathe' thing happens?

I am hopefully going to be a primary school English language assistant in France from this October to April.

I am not sure what to do for Spanish... most probably an intensive language course in the north of Spain ... what did you do for Spanish during your Year Abroad? I remember you saying you studied in Russia...

It doesn't seem 'real' though... I actually cannot imagine myself abroad and I feel like I am just going through the motions. My (few) friends are more nervous about me going than I am!

I know it will be a struggle... I live at home, I have never travelled and I am very close to my family so I am mentally trying to prepare myself but I don't think it will hit me till I am on the plane.

Reply my reply from the last thread please ^^ :smile:

And when I was little I wanted to live on Rainbow Road :daydreaming: :moon:
(edited 11 years ago)
Monday's a bank holiday. :fyi: Hope Mind proves useful. :smile:

Have fun, and don't do anything I wouldn't do. :tongue:

There's a lot she shouldn't do that'd you'd do as well. :tongue:
Original post by luno
Originally Posted by superwolf
I get the same 'can't breathe' thing too sometimes - like you saw, fresh air can help, and also sometimes having a drink of water.

You going abroad next year then? Which country?
Do you know why the 'can't breathe' thing happens?

I am hopefully going to be a primary school English language assistant in France from this October to April.

I am not sure what to do for Spanish... most probably an intensive language course in the north of Spain ... what did you do for Spanish during your Year Abroad? I remember you saying you studied in Russia...

It doesn't seem 'real' though... I actually cannot imagine myself abroad and I feel like I am just going through the motions. My (few) friends are more nervous about me going than I am!

I know it will be a struggle... I live at home, I have never travelled and I am very close to my family so I am mentally trying to prepare myself but I don't think it will hit me till I am on the plane.

Reply my reply for the last thread please ^^ :smile:

And when I was little I wanted to live on Rainbow Road :daydream: :moon:

Already got you quoted in another of my stupidly long posts :tongue: - just takes me a while to work through the whole thing...

Original post by Alofleicester
There's a lot she shouldn't do that'd you'd do as well. :tongue:

Yeah but she's young and should learn these things by trial and error.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 223
Original post by SciFiBoy
X

I don't know how long you have had it, but I love the Homer Simpson pic! His facial expression makes me smile :smile:
Reply 224
Already got you quoted in another of my stupidly long posts :tongue: - just takes me a while to work through the whole thing...

Nice to know I haven't been forgotten :tongue:

And congratulations and celebrations on being Member of the Month :groovy:!

Yeah but she's young and should learn these things by trial and error.

I disagree, there's some things you shouldn't learn by trial and error.

Edit: Wolfie's member of the month? :yay: :party: :yay:
Original post by ViceVersa
On my way to meeting CCBB, feeling good. Should defo be good :biggrin: :h:

that sounds interesting but I don't know what the acronym means :colondollar: seems everyone else does though. Have fun. :smile:
Original post by luno
Nice to know I haven't been forgotten :tongue:

And congratulations and celebrations on being Member of the Month :groovy:!

Why thank you. :hat2:

I disagree, there's some things you shouldn't learn by trial and error.

Edit: Wolfie's member of the month? :yay: :party: :yay:

The kind of things where if you do them wrong you get sent to prison?

That I am. :ninja:

Original post by kahinalouise
that sounds interesting but I don't know what the acronym means :colondollar: seems everyone else does though. Have fun. :smile:

CCBB = CherryCherryBoomBoom, another member of depression society. :smile:

The kind of things where if you do them wrong you get sent to prison?

That I am. :ninja:

yes. Them things.

Well done :h:

Anyway, my beer is ready to drink, so my posts *may* get less legible and more weird as the day goes on.

CCBB = CherryCherryBoomBoom, another member of depression society. :smile:

ahh that makes more sense now thanks :wink:
yes. Them things.

Well done :h:

Anyway, my beer is ready to drink, so my posts *may* get less legible and more weird as the day goes on.

Spoilsport.

:biggrin: The best thing about it was telling Sabertooth - he thinks it should've been him instead of me.

Excellent. I shall expect a full, if wobbly report back on you and your beer's progress.
Original post by luno
Hi :hi:

Don't be scared, we are all very nice :colone:.

The repetition of 'just' is a bit worrying :holmes:. As is the thought of you managing on your own. Is there anyone you can talk to for support? It might be helpful to also go back to the doctors?

:hugs:

Hey :smile:

Scary smiley face :eek: but I'm glad I've found the courage to post :biggrin:

Thanks for your concern. Ordinarily I manage fairly well, but with AS exams starting in a week it's all getting a bit too much. My doctor is *ahem* not particularly helpful. Initially he said that I'd receive a letter referring me to someone I could talk to, but it never appeared and I wasn't in a position to follow it up by then. I went to the school counsellor a few times at the beginning of this year, but I had to miss lessons in order to see him and I didn't feel comfortable being honest with him, which meant that it wasn't very beneficial.

To be honest it's been so long now that I can't imagine not having to force myself to keep going by sheer willpower. About 9 months ago my mood lifted massively and I honestly thought I'd finally got over the whole thing and was better. And then since about November it's been sliding down again.

I feel like I've made a step by posting on here though. Maybe I can start thinking about building up to talking to someone properly.

perhaps not relevant to the thread but you know what **** it I'm gonna post anyway *middle finger*

Original post by Anonymous

Thanks for your concern. Ordinarily I manage fairly well, but with AS exams starting in a week it's all getting a bit too much. My doctor is *ahem* not particularly helpful. Initially he said that I'd receive a letter referring me to someone I could talk to, but it never appeared and I wasn't in a position to follow it up by then. I went to the school counsellor a few times at the beginning of this year, but I had to miss lessons in order to see him and I didn't feel comfortable being honest with him, which meant that it wasn't very beneficial.

To be honest it's been so long now that I can't imagine not having to force myself to keep going by sheer willpower. About 9 months ago my mood lifted massively and I honestly thought I'd finally got over the whole thing and was better. And then since about November it's been sliding down again.

I feel like I've made a step by posting on here though. Maybe I can start thinking about building up to talking to someone properly.

If your GP is being useless, you should see another one. You don't need to keep forcing yourself to put up with the situation. There are things doctors can do to help, so you should reach out and take that help.

I can kind of relate to you when you say about the sheer willpower. In my final years at school the only thing that kept me going was my stubborness, but then I got to uni and it was just too much, everything crumbled. It's good you've got the strength to keep struggling on and pushing yourself, but sometimes depression only gets worse and I don't think anyone can keep pushing themselves once it reaches a really severe stage - so I'd definitely recommend getting help sooner rather than later. :smile:
Reply 234
Original post by Anonymous

It took me a while to get the courage to post here too :smile:.

Maybe you could make an appointment with another doctor - they might be more helpful? But I understand what you mean about not being honest because I am like that too. I haven't even been to the doctor's yet so I am kind of hypocrital in my advice :colondollar:.

I think it is hard to completely 'get over' depression but I know it must hurt to feel better and then feel low again :hugs:.

It definately is a step in the right direction posting on here. We can't replace doctor's but we try and support each other, which is better than nothing :smile:.
(edited 11 years ago)
Have fun, and don't do anything I wouldn't do. :tongue:

Don't you mean 'don't do anything I would do' ? :tongue:

Original post by kahinalouise

Superwolf has kindly explained :tongue: and thanks, we're having a good time :h:
Original post by Sabertooth

perhaps not relevant to the thread but you know what **** it I'm gonna post anyway *middle finger*

[scroll]:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: [/scroll]

Mmm coffee... :drool:
Original post by luno
I have an essay due in 10 days and also I haven't started it :frown:

Depression or laziness? :tongue:

I'm a bit of a perfectionist, I usually do essays weeks in advance, last minute is most definitely not me.
Original post by ViceVersa

Don't you mean 'don't do anything I would do' ? :tongue:

Hmm... ok, how about don't do anything I would or wouldn't do. In fact, pretend you don't even know me. Safer all round. :mmm:
Dare I say it, I think my meds might be starting to work.

Latest