Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Currently in my third year of A-levels as I had to re-sit after getting ACC. When I asked Uni of Bham if they would consider me (as a re-sit student) for LLB Law, they said no as they didn't believe I could achieve AAA. I am now on course for achieving A*A*A and although I have firmed Leicester, I still would like to try and get into Birmingham through adjustment.
    Any help and info on would be much appreciated
    X

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I think you'll be lucky if they do. Most law schools don't do much through adjustment, and I know that B'ham had no places for law for clearing for the last two years and weren't giving any latitude to people who just missed their offers last year. If I recall rightly, sub-400 people were successful through adjustment in 2011, which is not good odds.

I'd call them and ask - the deadline for offers isn't quite technically closed. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm pretty sure Birmingham (along with a few good Russell Group + 1994 Group universities) are in clearing for law. So whilst it may be hard, it might be possible.

ReputationRep:
    So you both think I should contact B'ham directly before results and adjustment/clearing opens rather than wait until then? Thank you for your help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.