Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just wondered wot its like is it scary or just confusing due to lack of oxygen :cool:

ReputationRep:
    yes - it's the scariest thing that's ever happened to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    yes - it's the scariest thing that's ever happened to me.
    wot happened a friend told me she wasnt scared

ReputationRep:
    it was on this twig that was in my spag bol at a restaurant in paris - an no1 believed me 4 ages n they all thought i was taking the piss

ReputationRep:
    Funny, I've never choked. And I probably eat more than most people here

ReputationRep:
    Apparently I almost suffocated to death when I was being born, my umbilical cord was strangling me. Suffice to say I dont remember.

ReputationRep:
    it was on this twig that was in my spag bol at a restaurant in paris - an no1 believed me 4 ages n they all thought i was taking the piss
    lol, what was a twig doing in your spag bol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    lol, what was a twig doing in your spag bol?
    it was herbs n ****

ReputationRep:
    I nearly choked to death on spinach of all things. I got some stuck in my throat and started to go blue - in the end mum had to stick her fingers down my throat (nice huh) and she managed to dislodge it because it wasnt stuck that far down luckily. Its the scariest thing that ever happened to me and my throat was sore for ages after.

ReputationRep:
    I choked on a leafy thing. You know those thigns that you can throw like darts at people and they stick into their clothes? They grow on bush things. No? Hard to describe :P

They go in your mouth but they dont like coming out anyway. Coughed it up with some blood eventually. Quite scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    I nearly choked to death on spinach of all things. I got some stuck in my throat and started to go blue - in the end mum had to stick her fingers down my throat (nice huh) and she managed to dislodge it because it wasnt stuck that far down luckily. Its the scariest thing that ever happened to me and my throat was saw for ages after.
    yeh same - you actually think you're gonna die. and the tig made little scratches all over my throat it just sounds really stupid when i explain what happened though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    I choked on a leafy thing. You know those thigns that you can throw like darts at people and they stick into their clothes? They grow on bush things. No? Hard to describe :P

They go in your mouth but they dont like coming out anyway. Coughed it up with some blood eventually. Quite scary.
    i know the things you mean - can see how they could cut ure throat, how did it get in your mouth?

ReputationRep:
    yeh same - you actually think you're gonna die. and the tig made little scratches all over my throat it just sounds really stupid when i explain what happened though
    Yep i really did think i was going to die the only other time I've felt like that was when a car nearly pushed us off the road, luckily my friends a brilliant driver and managed to swerve and break I hit my head on the dashboard though. I think choking was actually more scary than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    i know the things you mean - can see how they could cut ure throat, how did it get in your mouth?
    I put it in there Kids these days! Think they're invincible :P

ReputationRep:
    yeah i choked on a piece of chicken once, nasty stuff especially if you swallow it down, u can feel it like rupture ur windpipe as it goes down,

i wonder what it would be like if no one was around to help u................

please excuse me people for any rudeness, i was stabbed in the back today by someone i cared for...........women eh ?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh this has definately happened to me before, I cant remember exactly what it was though. I get these little chokes all the time. Like if im eating spaghetti and I dont chew it properly - and you swallow it and it just sticks in your throat. You had to ram your hand down and pull it back out - horrible.

ReputationRep:
    i thought my dog was choking once,

had to ram my fingers down its throat, not a pleasant thing i can tell u

turns out it just had the hiccups

bloody dog, but i love her - awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theycallmemrpig)
    i thought my dog was choking once,

had to ram my fingers down its throat, not a pleasant thing i can tell u

turns out it just had the hiccups

bloody dog, but i love her - awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    lol the same thing has happened with my dog. It starts making these horrible noises and its whole body is convulsing. I thought '**** the stupid thing has eaten <insert object lying around the house here>' so I forced her mouth open and shuved the old fingers down her throat to see what was there...nothing

ReputationRep:
    I choked on bread and thought I was going to die but it finally came out. A week or so later my 6 yr old daughter choked on a vitamin tablet. We couldn't dislodge it and knowing from my own experience how serious it was, I called an ambulance. By the time they arrived she was blue and unconscious but they performed the Heimlich Manoeuvre and got it out. Had I not choked earlier and thus acted so quickly, I think she'd have died.

ReputationRep:
    I tried to choke my younger brother once. He didn't seem to like it very much. Hope that helps you out.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.