The Student Room Group

Standard Grade Technological Studies 2012

How we all doing? Ready for the exam tomorrow and what kind of studying have you been doing?
Reply 1
I personally found General harder than credit, but there was a few i was unsure on in Credit. Like the two mechanisms that turn rotary to linear, i got rack and pinion, but also said crank and slider which is wrong i think
Reply 2
Original post by humza100
I personally found General harder than credit, but there was a few i was unsure on in Credit. Like the two mechanisms that turn rotary to linear, i got rack and pinion, but also said crank and slider which is wrong i think

I think thats right! I got "gear and piston" no idea where that came from..and I also got rack and pinion! I found the general quite easy but the credit was very different compared to past years! There was very little calculations and a lot of knowledge..I felt I did okay apart from the programming bit and the voltage divider question where you had to work out current. I ended up getting some stupid answer like 0.0245A or something..
Reply 3
I think that's what I got, but it was a 3 mark question and I just did V over R. So I might have missed a trick. The programming Q wasn't that bad but I don't think I got all 7 marks although I did write about 10 lines. The very first question was different, all the past papers I did never asked for an explanation of the system it just had fill in the blanks. I think I did alright tho.
Reply 4
I thought the paper was different but not easy and not impossible although the question about wiring a circuit with 3 switches and a buzzer I have never seen before in any past paper
Reply 5
yeh, im pretty sure i didnt get all the marks for it, but after thinking about i now know wat i was supposed to do
I think the exam went pretty well for me so I can definitely see myself achieving a Grade 1. The worst question for me was the one where you had to work out the IB of the resistor. I had no idea how to work that one out. 0 marks for that question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending