The Student Room Group
2 weeks is nothing - for a start the DVLA themselves say it will take up to 3 weeks. If you haven't heard anything after a month I would contact them.
Reply 2
You can ring them up and ask if its been sent or if it arrived. I did that for my full uk licence after a week.
Reply 3
It could be something to do with royal mail?
DVLA cockups? Now there's something new... :rolleyes:

Give 'em a ring next week I would - at least if they've posted it it's probably going to get to you. I'd trust Royal Mail way more than DVLA.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by antipathyx
I sent my provisional license to the DVLA on the 18th of April, as I needed them to change a spelling error on my name and to update the photo (I've lost a lot of weight since the current photo was taken, and it looks nothing like me).

It's been 2 weeks now and I haven't received anything. Is this normal? I'm getting a little worried :frown:

thanks!

Don't worry that's fine. I sent off my license to get the fact i need to wear glasses added. Took just over 3 weeks to get it back.:smile:

If it's not back a month after you sent it then start ringing up and annoying DVLA about it.
Reply 6
I'll warn you now you'll probably just get the whole lot returned to you unless you sent them a cheque for £20 or so to have the photo changed. My photo looks nothing like me anymore so I thought I'd send in a new one when I had to change the address anyway and they just returned the lot.
Reply 7
Original post by Michaelj
You can ring them up and ask if its been sent or if it arrived. I did that for my full uk licence after a week.

i sent it through tracked delivery, and it said it had been delivered to them on the 19th of april :smile:
Reply 8
I haven’t received my licence back and it has been nearly 3 months. What number can I call to contact them about this please ?

Thanks in advance
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Michaelj

Do you know what number to call ? I’ve tried a few but the line got cut off ?
Original post by Azza_10
Do you know what number to call ? I’ve tried a few but the line got cut off ?

This is a very old thread so you would be better off asking in here where people have contacted the DVLA during the current circumstances.

@RoyalSheepy Could you close this one?
This thread is eight years outdated. Why even bother positing on this? The matter has since been resolved.
Reply 12
I didn’t see it was 8 years ago else I wouldn’t of bothered. Glad all matters have been resolved for you. Thanks for your help 👍🏼

Latest