Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Tax disc about to run out - Mobility car?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    My tax runs out at the end of the month (31st may) but I don't know, because I drive the mobility car for my sister as she is unable to, will I automatically get a new disc through the door or will I need to apply for it? I've heard 2 different stories, go to post office and apply for it or the other is that it just gets sent to me automatically.. I just think I should get this sorted sooner rather than later or else my car could be off the road!
    Thanks for replies in advance

ReputationRep:
    I think regardless of vehicle you need to renew it yourself. I'd recommend doing it at the post office as its quick and painless.

ReputationRep:
    If the car's from motability just give them a ring and ask. From memory you only get the reminder two or three weeks before the disc expires so I wouldn't panic just yet. You won't be able to buy a June tax disc yet anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Best to 'phone the relevent gvt department for tab cars.

ReputationRep:
    Mum's had motability cars for about 15 years and the new task disk was always sent out to her. Give them a ring.

ReputationRep:
    My brother has a motability car, and his new tax disc always comes through the post automatically about a week before it runs out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimarshmallow)
    Mum's had motability cars for about 15 years and the new task disk was always sent out to her. Give them a ring.

(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    My brother has a motability car, and his new tax disc always comes through the post automatically about a week before it runs out.
    Thanks guys thats good to know. I'll give them a ring anyway!

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.