The Student Room Group

Who to approach to write referral?

Hello all!

I'm an international student applying through UCAS to study in the UK this coming September, hoping to study Management in LSE :smile:. (other choices include KCL, Oxford(E&M), UCL (Stats&Management) )

I'm not entirely sure about this - but I believe UK universities places much more emphasis on academics than on ECAs, so I'm in a dilemma as to which teacher to approach to write my referral.

-Teacher A: Head of Student Leadership in the college, knows me well as I've worked alongside her for several school events, still within the school, however did not teach me personally.
-Teacher B: Form teacher(civics tutor) of two years, personally taught me Math for two years (as well as Project Work (a compulsory subject in my country for A Levels), however no longer with the school as he is currently working in another public sector, knows me pretty well too.

Who do you think I should approach to write my referral letter for UCAS? I've already approached Teacher A and she had already agreed to write the letter, but after discussing with my peers I think Teacher B may provide a better referral instead.

All advice appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending