IGCSE Edexcel History 28th of May 2012 Thread Watch

Memphis93
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've created this thread for everyone who's doing the History IGCSE exam on the 28th of May Share your revision tips, and discuss things related to this exam. What topics have you chosen to work on?
Dhananjay 2012
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Memphis93)
I've created this thread for everyone who's doing the History IGCSE exam on the 28th of May Share your revision tips, and discuss things related to this exam. What topics have you chosen to work on?
Hi. I've chosen the following topics:

SECTION A - GERMANY AND APPEASEMENT; A9, A3
SECTION B - INDIA; B5
SECTION C - MIDDLE EAST; C5.

What about you? Which themes have you chosen to do? And do you know where I can find some good notes for my Indian depth study. Do you think the exam will be hard or easy? There's seem so little time for the exam; how do we keep on with the time, especially, for section B (15 mark question)? And what's the technique of answering that 15 mark question of section B and section C?
Mazzini
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hai :awesome:

I'm doing Germany 1919-45; International Relations between the Wars; WWI and Medicine Through Time.

Join the IGCSE society here
Dhananjay 2012
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mazzini)

I'm doing Germany 1919-45; International Relations between the Wars; WWI and Medicine Through Time.

Can I join the IGCSE society too?
Mazzini
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dhananjay 2012)
Can I join the IGCSE society too?
Sure, it's for anyone who's doing IGCSEs
Dhananjay 2012
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sure, it's for anyone who's doing IGCSEs
Thank you; however, could you please tell me how to calm my nerves during the history exam, for I usually panic during the exam; furthermore, my situation is bad: my schedule for history revision is going chaotic, and I have so much to read and so little time - what do I do?
Memphis93
Rep:
?
Thank you; however, could you please tell me how to calm my nerves during the history exam, for I usually panic during the exam; furthermore, my situation is bad: my schedule for history revision is going chaotic, and I have so much to read and so little time - what do I do?
My revision schedule for History doesn't start till tomorrow though (I've still got to cover Biology and Chemistry syllabuses TODAY! and a little bit of tomorrow) the most important thing to remember is that you HAVE to stay focused as it's absolutely paramount and try to remain calm in the exam, otherwise you'll start to hyperventilate and your mind will automatically go blank. You wouldn't want that, would you? Pull all nighters if necessary, read carefully and thoroughly through yout textbook and make concise notes where appriopriate. GOOD LUCK AND STAY POSITIVE!

Also, for my IGCSE History exam I'm doing Russian Revolution, Stallin, Russia from Autrocracy to Dictatorship and International Relations So much to do! Aaaargh! xD
Dhananjay 2012
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My revision schedule for History doesn't start till tomorrow though (I've still got to cover Biology and Chemistry syllabuses TODAY! and a little bit of tomorrow) the most important thing to remember is that you HAVE to stay focused as it's absolutely paramount and try to remain calm in the exam, otherwise you'll start to hyperventilate and your mind will automatically go blank. You wouldn't want that, would you? Pull all nighters if necessary, read carefully and thoroughly through yout textbook and make concise notes where appriopriate. GOOD LUCK AND STAY POSITIVE!

Also, for my IGCSE History exam I'm doing Russian Revolution, Stallin, Russia from Autrocracy to Dictatorship and International Relations So much to do! Aaaargh! xD
Please help me with notes for international relations A9.
Dhananjay 2012
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Hey Mazzini help me out:
I urgently need notes for international relations between the wars: A9, for you can either e-mail me or recommend me a link to visit, for you know what's better.
Memphis93
Rep:
?
FOR EVERYONE WHO IS DOING INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS:

BUY THIS BOOKhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Twentieth-Ce...6314781&sr=8-1

IT'S AMAZING AND EVERYTHING IS THOROUGHLY EXPLAINED.AN ABSOLUTE MUST-HAVE.
Dhananjay 2012
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

What if you're without a credit card, and you can't pay for the book? What if you can't afford the book? Are there free alternatives?
Memphis93
Rep:
?
What if you're without a credit card, and you can't pay for the book? What if you can't afford the book? Are there free alternatives?
Well it seems like you're in a quite tough situation right now. Why don't you ask your parents to buy you this book? Explain to them that you really need it as your history exam is looming and that you wanna do well in it. Because the truth of a matter is, that you won't be able to get a decent grade if you don't buy this book and properly revise from it. And by decent grade I mean grades A*-B.

I don't think there are any free alternatives on the internet, though. But yeah, I urge you to ask your parents profusely. You're gonna be fine Good luck!
Mazzini
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

There are some used ones too - £4.03 including delivery! Bargain!
RoyalBlue7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks for reminding me of the date for the History exams...
I remember now that I applied for it. I'm hoping for a U
emilielydia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey guys,
Do you mean the paper 4 history exam? Because I'm in Czech Republic and I took paper 1 last Thursday and am taking paper 2 this Friday.
I think i'm doing a slightly different exam than you? But I think they're all more or less the same.
Anyway does anybody have any tips for source based questions? thanks
btw I did my exam on WW1 peace treaties and Interwar relations, Cold War, and Germany 1918-45.
taylorswiftx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How are you guys going to deal with time during the exam for each section - are you going to spend 1 minute to write the times you will finish each section? Timing is my major concern with history... :/

I've chosen, Germany, Cold War, WW1, Changing Nature of Warfare
Memphis93
Rep:
?
(Original post by taylorswiftx)
How are you guys going to deal with time during the exam for each section - are you going to spend 1 minute to write the times you will finish each section? Timing is my major concern with history... :/

I've chosen, Germany, Cold War, WW1, Changing Nature of Warfare
I still have LOADS to cover, and if Im perfectly honest with you, history is my most dreaded exam
taylorswiftx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I still have LOADS to cover, and if Im perfectly honest with you, history is my most dreaded exam
I'm dreading it too! I'm scared of running out of time!
Memphis93
Rep:
?
(Original post by taylorswiftx)
I'm dreading it too! I'm scared of running out of time!
You're scared of running out of time?! Don't be silly, we'll have 2 hours and 30 minutes! That's a plenty of time! I'm sure you'll have finished all of your questions before 2 hours have passed! GOOD LUCK!
taylorswiftx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You're scared of running out of time?! Don't be silly, we'll have 2 hours and 30 minutes! That's a plenty of time! I'm sure you'll have finished all of your questions before 2 hours have passed! GOOD LUCK!
It is a lot of time but...I tend to write far too much in essays and run out of time! Which I shall try to avoid. Good luck too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (1)
1.45%
No (68)
98.55%

Watched Threads